Error Message: Checkout session is gone

oekohofkiste
Tourist
5 0 3

Hello,
at least 10 of my customers emailed me that they received an error message when trying to checkout and that they cannot continue with the checkout even after reloading the page multiple times.

The error message:
"Something went wrong.
What happened?
Checkout session is gone: Checkout session is gone"

Does anyone know why this is and how to fix it?

I have seen that someone has asked about this problem before and someone wrote that the problem could be due to PayPal.
However, I do not use PayPal in my shop. So the problem must be elsewhere.

tobiashoeflich
3 0 0

We've got the same problem! Help would be greatly appreciated...

0 Likes
DanielleLayne3
1 0 1

us too!!! Someone please help asap

oekohofkiste
Tourist
5 0 3

Perhaps a specific app is causing the problem. We use the following apps. Do you also use one of them ?:
Fontify - Customize Fonts
Free Shipping Bar
GDPR Legal Cookie
Order picklist
Order Printer Pro
Product warnings on checkout
Quick announcement bar
Reorder Master - Repeat Orders
Shipping Restriction-ZIP Code
SmartrMail - Email Marketing
Sufio - Automatic Invoices
UFE Cross Sell & Upsell Bundle
Vela

0 Likes
tobiashoeflich
3 0 0

Possible!
The Plugins we share are:

GDPR Legal Cookie
Order Printer Pro

I did some checking and for us it seems that we can not reach the checkout process only when we are signed in as admins. If you open a session (logged out as admin) all works fine.... (checked with Safari + Google Chrome on multiple devices)

0 Likes
oekohofkiste
Tourist
5 0 3

So do you mean that the error only occurs if you are logged in with your customer account beforehand? Or what exactly do you mean by "Admin" account? Because the error also occurs with several of our customers.

0 Likes
MrNic_4000
1 0 0

Same here! 

Also using the GDPR Plugin.

I get it logged in/logged out and across browsers.

SHOPIFY please help!

0 Likes
tobiashoeflich
3 0 0

For us, the error only occurs when viewing the site while being logged in as a store admin (so my normal account to manage the Shopify store). If I pretend to be a customer (who obviously is not logged in as a shopify admin, but browses the page without having logged in) I can reach the checkout page no problem. Have you been able to replicate the problem your customers describe, while signed out of your shopify account? I tried it with a completely different device and in incognito mode in order to pretend it's my first time on the page

0 Likes
oekohofkiste
Tourist
5 0 3

Our costumers were able to reach the checkout page after they emptied their browser-cache.

0 Likes
PB79
Excursionist
39 1 10

Any news on this? We got the same bug in our store. Also using the cooky app.

0 Likes