Error Message: Checkout session is gone

GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi JuranG

Thank you very much for your message.

Currently we have an increased support workload due to many new installations and the topic discussed here. Please send all inquiries to support@gdpr-legal-cookie.com. We are working through everything, we ask for your patience.

To understand why the error does not appear when you delete the app, you need to understand how the app works. Our app is currently one of the few cookie banners that does exactly what a consent tool is supposed to do, namely block cookies. There are some apps in the AppStore, but they only display a banner and nothing else. But it is the requirement according to DSGVO / GDPR that you need a mandatory consent when cookies are used.

If the customer does not give consent, which according to our anonymous statistics is about 30% of users, then only essential cookies may be set, otherwise important features will not work. We have defined all essential cookies on the part of shopify, but if faulty sessions are now set, the cookie app does not know them and blocks them. If you uninstall or turn off the app, then it is clear that it works.

As already explained: Due to a problem at Shopify on April 14, this only affects the sessions of that day and only in some stores. We assume that these sessions are valid for max 30 days, after which this problem will no longer occur.

regards

team GDPR Legal Cookie

0 Likes
JurjanG
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi GDPR team,

Thanks a lot for the quick reply and more elaborate response. 

If we would still like to use your app, what is the best way to solve this? Should we reset it / ask the customer support to delete the cache for us? 

Thanks again.

0 Likes
GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi Jurjan,

in principle Shopify Support can't do anything, the problem is on the computers of the customers who were in the store on April 14. We believe that the session will expire on May 14, then the problem will be solved. All other sessions are not affected.

Greetings

Marco

0 Likes
JurjanG
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Marco,

Thanks for your message. I actually meant your support: In a previous message you wrote you recommend deleting the cache and that support@gdpr-legal-cookie.com can help with that.

Did I misunderstand this?

Thanks,

0 Likes
GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

We can have a look into the shop. No prob. Please send a request to support 

0 Likes
minc
Excursionist
51 0 8

Hi All,

finally I got an answer from shopify support. The funny thing is that they advice to deactivate the GDPR-APP. Here is the quote in german:

Sie haben darum gebeten, zu versuchen, die App-DSGVO-Legal Cookies zu deaktivieren und dann erneut zu aktivieren, um die Cookie-Blockierungen zu aktualisieren. Wenn dies das Problem deiner Kunden nicht löst, bitten wir dich, Screenshots zu senden, die zeigen, dass du diesen Schritt zur Fehlerbehebung durchgeführt hast. Wir müssen dies an unser Technical Merchant Support-Team weiterleiten, damit sie dies auf ihrer Seite weiter untersuchen können.

Also funny: they want me to proof the deactivation with a screenshot. Never seen such a skeptic support

So now we have the situation that @GDPRteam blames Shopify and Shopify suspects the GDPR-APP!

We should all contact Shopify to get more attention to this problem. Please open Tickets and send them screenshoots.

We all work day and night to maximize conversion rate, spend 1000 of dollars on adds and other channels, to end up with a bug in checkout that destroys 5 % of conversions (5% is my guess from the number of customers contacting us daily compared to daily order numbers).

0 Likes
GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi, 

i can understand you completely. 

We can fully understand the anger, but unlike shopify, we can prove that we are not to blame here. Our app does its job cleanly and the error on the 14th is absolutely verifiable.

Incidentally, support has helped the customer elsewhere. I'll have documentation uploaded here that may go into more detail.

0 Likes
mrbobby93
Excursionist
14 0 6

Ich habe den SHopify Support schon zwei mal kontaktiert.
Die schieben die Verantwortung auch zurück.

Es ist wirklich ekelhaft.

Bin im Zwiespalt, App löschen und eine Abmahnung kassieren oder Comversion Rate verschlechtern?

GDPRteam
Tourist
10 0 3

Hi Mr Bobby, 

bitte sende eine Mail an uns, beziehe Dich bitte hier auf Deinen Benutzernamen, ich kümmere mich nun selber darum.

Grüße

minc
Excursionist
51 0 8

@mrbobby93 wrote:

Ich habe den SHopify Support schon zwei mal kontaktiert.
Die schieben die Verantwortung auch zurück.

Es ist wirklich ekelhaft.

Bin im Zwiespalt, App löschen und eine Abmahnung kassieren oder Comversion Rate verschlechtern?

Shopify should provide a native solution to be GDPR compliant. As a multi billion dollar company acting in EU market with a German CEO it's a shame that they don't come up with a core-implemented solution.

@mrbobby93 I also think about a "Banner-only" solution, and in the long I'll probably migrate to another platform. Shopify seems to be made for low volume or non selling shops....

0 Likes