Solved

Why am I unable to generate packing slips on Shopify?

shanecb
Visitor
1 0 3

Yesterday everything was working great. 

Today, I am unable to generate a packing slip to print. Every time i try today, the only message is "Error generating packing slips". No explanation or additional info..?

Thank you!

Accepted Solution (1)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that our developers are aware of the issues you are having at this moment. A status page has gone live on www.shopifystatus.com where you can track this issue. 

18-48-46957-46075

I will be marking this thread as solved so that any other community members will also be able to find the link to the status page. Please feel free to share any other issues that you are noticing that aren't being tracked on our status page at this time. We appreciate your patience while our developers resolve this!

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 20 (20)

Hoarding_Marmot
Visitor
1 0 3

We're having a similar issue, except instead of getting an error message, the "Generating Packing Slip" page hangs and the wheel just keeps on spinning. We've tried pulling up the order on a couple of different computers to no avail. We are able to generate the packing slip on old orders, but not any new ones.

AtsushiAbe
Tourist
3 0 0

Me too!!!

mander
Visitor
2 0 0

Having the same issue.

rathleticwear1
Visitor
1 0 0

Having this same issue. Shows error message on phone and it just keeps spinning on computer 

ATLLC
Visitor
1 0 0

Getting the same error on both current versions of Chrome and Firefox. Screenshot 2021-05-18 114329.png

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

This is an accepted solution.

Hi everyone!

I just wanted to let you know that our developers are aware of the issues you are having at this moment. A status page has gone live on www.shopifystatus.com where you can track this issue. 

18-48-46957-46075

I will be marking this thread as solved so that any other community members will also be able to find the link to the status page. Please feel free to share any other issues that you are noticing that aren't being tracked on our status page at this time. We appreciate your patience while our developers resolve this!

-Shay

AtsushiAbe
Tourist
3 0 0

Thank you for fixing.

Th generating packing slip is working.

By the way, I try to see www.status.shopify.com , but I can't see the page.

mander
Visitor
2 0 0

When this error came up the shopify status page said everything was normal, that is why I opened the thread.

AtsushiAbe
Tourist
3 0 0

An order can be generated packing slip.

But another is able to be generated.

georgiepeters24
13 0 0

It looks like this was an error for a lot of sellers. 

Shopify seemed to respond and fix it pretty quickly!

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

My apologies @AtsushiAbe! I didn't double check my link after posting. I have edited it and it is now working. The link is www.shopifystatus.com.  -Shay

zaaike
Visitor
1 0 0

Having problems generating Packing Slips... stays forever generating. 

rng-gamez
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello i am having this same issue and I see that shopify seems to have no status problems

maanik_singh
Visitor
1 0 2

I am having this issue. And status page doesn't show anything wrong currently, please advise. 

Bubblylovely
Visitor
1 0 2

I am having this issue too as of 3/15/2023 around 5:40pm.

thesicshop
Visitor
1 0 1

Same- having the problem. No issues shown on the status link

mschristian
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

I use the default packing slips template and get this error, however when analyzing the network tab in my browser I see this error:

{"errors":[{"message":"Internal error. Looks like something went wrong on our end.\nRequest ID: 19308766-4839-4700-bf65-b19186319460 (include this in support requests).","extensions":{"code":"INTERNAL_SERVER_ERROR","requestId":"19308766-4839-4700-bf65-b19186319460"}}]}

chrisdmccoy
Tourist
6 0 2

Seems like this is fixed for everyone else, but if I've refunded an order, but still want to send the customer goods to make things right, I should still be able to generate a packing slip on a "refunded" order correct?  I'm getting an error:  "Error generating packing slip" with no reasoning as to why.  

Shay
Shopify Staff
2778 440 566

Hi @chrisdmccoy 

In the order timeline for the order, are you seeing a message "X item has been restocked at X location."?

If yes, then the order itself has been cancelled within the system and a packing slip won't be able to be generated. In this situation you would want to create a draft order, add 100% discount to the order, and provide order notes for internal tracking so that you can refer to the original order when doing your book keeping. 

mschristian
Shopify Partner
7 0 4

I am having the same issue, I am using the default packing slips template. It seems you have a bug in your status page because it says there is nothing wrong