Solved

Error message: Your payment can't be processed for technical reasons

DwayneVT
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi there

My website is not yet live and I am trying to test the checkout function using PayFast on test mode. I used to be able to order and pay using PayFast test money to see what messages/e mails customers will receive after ordering. It is now giving an error and I am unable to test.

Please assist!

Thanks,

Dwayne

Accepted Solution (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DwayneVT. That sounds unusual! 

Please start by taking a look at the Help Doc for Basic troubleshooting for third party gateways. However, due to the error message you are receiving, I suspect you will need to follow the third option of contacting PayFast directly. Since Pay Fast is an external payment provider, Shopify doesn’t have any way to look into issues with it. Therefore, contacting them directly is the best way to get a technical issue resolved as quickly as possible. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Reply 1 (1)

Helen
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1425 174 285

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @DwayneVT. That sounds unusual! 

Please start by taking a look at the Help Doc for Basic troubleshooting for third party gateways. However, due to the error message you are receiving, I suspect you will need to follow the third option of contacting PayFast directly. Since Pay Fast is an external payment provider, Shopify doesn’t have any way to look into issues with it. Therefore, contacting them directly is the best way to get a technical issue resolved as quickly as possible. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.