Error message in Shopify stating my Facebook Page is owned by another Business Manager

estebanreads
Visitor
1 0 4

Hi,

I am trying to connect the Facebook channel in Shopify. I run an agency and have lots of pages in my business manager, some of which I created and others I requested access to.

This one, I created and it is not associated with any other business manager accounts. However, when I try to connect the page to Shopify, I get the message "This Facebook Page is owned by another Business Manager. To connect to the Page, it needs to be moved to the selected Business Manager."

There is a button there, with the CTA "Move page". When I click that, I get the message "To transfer this Page, make sure you’re the admin of the selected Business Manager and the admin of the Business Manager that owns this Page."

I am absolutely tearing my hair out over this. I have deleted the Facebook channel 50+ times and attempted this again and the same keeps happening. I have tried adding the channel from my Mac and from the Apple App on my iphone and neither works. Has anyone else encountered this?

Replies 12 (12)

Shay
Shopify Staff
2780 440 566

Hi @estebanreads,

Welcome to our Community Forums and I am glad you reached out for help! Troubleshooting Facebook permissions is not that fun at the best of times, especially when it isn't behaving the way you would like it to. 

To assist our merchants with problems like this we do have a very thorough guide on troubleshooting onboarding issues with Facebook and you can find the table of contents for that here: Facebook Channel Troubleshooting. Specifically, you will want to review the confirmation steps for having the correct Business Page Permissions. Once you have confirmed that you are the admin of the business page (Not a custom role, it has to be ADMIN) please reach out to our live support and provide screenshots that match the ones in our troubleshooting guide. From there, if necessary, our team can escalate this to our technical support for a closer review. 

Please follow this link to Contact Support - Shopify Help Center. You will want to sign into the affected store, search for the topic "Facebook Sales Channel" and you will then be provided a list of resources and a contact support button at the bottom of the page. 

If you need additional help here please don't hesitate to reply back.

-Shay

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

karma-presence
Tourist
3 0 5

Hi,  Did you ever manage to get this sorted out as I am having the same problem and can't find help on how to fix it. It is driving me crazy so any help would really be appreciated. Many thanks

vanmaroonie
Visitor
1 0 3

Same here

rlsharp
Tourist
4 0 3

I'm having the same issue. Interested to hear what the resolution is. 

GeoNeo
Visitor
1 0 2

Seems like these issues get sweeped under the rug

rlsharp
Tourist
4 0 3

Sadly no.

karma-presence
Tourist
3 0 5

Yep, know exactly how you feel as I had the same problem! Shopify couldn't help so I ended up contacting facebook but I had to go through the process of talking to an ads campaign person (who deals with helping you with your facebook ads - the calls and advice were free but you have to pay for ads which I wanted anyway) who helped me sort it out as I too was frustrated by this. If you actually don't want any help with ads then I don't know who at facebook you would get through to as it is not easy. It was only because I needed to run an ad that I managed to get a call back and whilst I had them on the phone, I told them that I want to run an ad but I am having trouble with the pixel etc and so they helped me.

Hope this helps anyone who is having this problem and I wish you the very best of luck and hope you get it sorted out.

gitai
Tourist
3 0 1

Are you able to elaborate on what the fix was when you did get FaceBook on the line?

karma-presence
Tourist
3 0 5
Hi Gitai,
It was a while ago now so don't remember the ins and outs but basically we
had to delete accounts then add back on and add the pixel and add who you
wanted to be accessible to the account etc. There was quite a bit involved
and not easy for me to do on my own. But if you are tech savvy then you
could probably delete it all and start over but personally I would get the
help of FB. Very best of luck and I hope you get it all sorted out very
soon.
lakerluv43
Visitor
1 0 0

I'm impressed that you were able to reach an actual person at Facebook.  My account was hacked, disabled by Facebook, which had a domino effect with my business page and business suite.  I've started over with a new business page finally but now I can't access the other one to delete it and trying to get someone at Facebook is beyond impossible.

Engraved
Visitor
1 0 1

Did you ever get this figured out? I am having the same problem and I can't figure out what to do. this is very frustrating.

georgieeducator
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey. Did you get this figured out?