"error displaying content preview"

what is this and how can i fix it?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
513 32 71
Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Social Care Team. 

I'd love to help you with this, however, in order to assist any further, I'm really going to have to see what you're looking at. 

• Can you share a couple of screenshots of the error message that you're seeing?
  • When did you first notice this error? 
  • Has this always been on your site or did it show up after a certain edit or adjustment? 

It sounds like this could be a cache related issue. Have you tried clearing your cache? This helpful link gives the instructions for how to clear the cache for all browsers. Can you try that and then let me know how it works?

If this doesn't work then please send me that screenshot as well as the URL to your store. With that information, I'll be able to dive deeper into what might be happening. 

Thanks so much, 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
3 0 0

I am having the exact same problem, and I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried using different browsers but the same problem keeps happening. I've attached a screenshot so everyone can see.

From what I can gather it seems like javascript isn't loading throughout my clients Shopify site. This is happening on 2 of 3 Shopify sites that I'm managing at the moment. 

Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 8.53.30 AM.png

0 Likes
Excursionist
60 1 6

I think because your cache already contains too much, it conflicts with data, you clear the cache and related things then try again. If there are still errors you should provide that error ntn for example screen capture error people will help you.

0 Likes
15 0 0

Thank you everybody for trying to help

I have clear the cache and restarted

I still see this error message on a few of my pages, im unable to see the editor

See attached for image Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.30.17 AM.png

0 Likes
15 0 0

I see this error in a few pages, where i can see the code but cant access the editor

Those are plain pages that have some text

I have cleared cache and restarted - no change

Im using firefox 67.0.1 on Mac 10.14

Thank you for your help

Screen Shot 2019-06-10 at 11.30.17 AM.png

0 Likes
3 0 0

I have cleared my cache as well and it's still the same problem. I am also on a Mac and Firefox 67.0.1. This also sees to be a Firefox issue as it's working fine on Safari and Chrome.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
513 32 71

@anthony_92dream @leon10 

By chance are you using the Firefox browser? I asked our tech team and I am they said they've seen this before in relation to the extension Adblock Plus. Can you try disabling/removing that to see how it works after that? 

This guide here from Mozilla Firefox should help you with all the steps in order to disable. Can you try that and let me know how it works? 

0 Likes
15 0 0
Disabled adblock on Shopify.
Restarted firefox
No luck same error - the weird thing is that it happens randomly on some pages and not others
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
513 32 71

It's starting to sound like this is more of a local issue. Can you try this out on an Incognito page of your browser and also can you try it on a browser like Chrome? 

If both of those still don't work then I'm going to have to send this for a closer inspection with our Technical team. If you could give me the specific data from your browser by going to https://whatismybrowser.com that would be great. As well, could you give me a timeframe with the timezone of when this first started happening that'd be great!  

Thank you so much, 

0 Likes