Error message on pages "error displaying content preview" helppp please

Tourist
4 1 1

If using Firefox disable your ad blocker, or switch to Chrome.

1 Like
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi, I'm having this issue also.

Disabling Adblock Plus fixes the problem – but is there a way to fix this without disabling it altogether? I still want to use that plugin so it's not really a helpful solution for me.

The domain of the store has already been whitelisted. I've tried whitelisting about 5 or so Shopify CDN domains. I've tried disabling the filter lists. None of these work, only disabling the entire plugin which I don't want to do.

I only started having this problem the past few weeks so some code has changed in the Shopify admin.

Any help appreciated.

Console:

Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 11.50.27 AM.png

0 Likes
Tourist
4 1 1
Yes, I too had to completely disable the plugin to get Shopify to work
right.

I tried Adblock Ultimate, but got the same thing.

You can use Chrome. There's a few reason I don't like chrome, so I'm not
happy either.

Shopify must have changed something for this to start happening, but I doubt
they will try to revert their change, and will just blame it on Adblock.
0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 2

Disabling AdBlock Plus and installing AdBlock (they're different companies) worked for me on two different Shopify sites.

AdBlock:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/adblock-for-firefox/

2 Likes
15 0 0

Finally thank you

That worked for me - you are the best anne (:

0 Likes
Tourist
4 1 1

Worked for me too. Thanks!

0 Likes
6 0 0

Hello,

I am getting an Error to Display Preview Image only on my Pages too...Untitled.png not on my blogs, collections, or product pages. See screenshot. It is only letting me see html.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
518 33 72

Hi, there. 

Dallas here. Have you looked at the information stated above to see if anything there would work for the error that you're seeing? 

I just want to make sure we don't overlook the other solutions that have been given above before we dig into this further. 

Best,

Dallas 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 1

I had this same issue, but it was caused by LastPass of all things. Disabling it fixed the issue, re-enabling it instantly broke it again. Oddly, ublock origin does NOT cause it to break.

1 Like
3 0 0

So for me it seemed to have gone away some how because I don't see the issue. Maybe Firefox takes a long time to get rid of those cache files? Either way, I'm not really sure how it started working again.

0 Likes