Error message when creating customer account

Highlighted
1 0 0

Brand new shopify store so I havent made any edits to these files.

Click on "Create an Account"

Fill in the blanks on next page, click submit

Page returns with:

Sorry, looks like something went wrong. Please correct the following and submit again:

• We have sent an email to blahblahblah@gmail.com, please click the link included to verify your email address.

I can understand the email verification, even though I would prefer it disabled. But why does it return with an error message? If this is the default it is bad UI as the customer thinks they made a mistake filling out the form. So either I want to disable email verification or change the message to say: "Thanks for creating an account, finish the process by checking your email and verifiying your address"

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
54 0 10

Hello Richard,

Brian here, from the Shopify Guru Team. :)

I've just sent on an email to you so that we may look into this issue a bit further for you. Simply reply to my email with some of the additional information that I've requested, and we'll hopefully be able to shed some light on what is causing this issue.

Also, if you do encounter any other issues, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@shopify.com.

Have a lovely day! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same problem!

Sorry, looks like something went wrong. Please correct the following and submit again:

• We have sent an email to blahblahblah@gmail.com, please click the link included to verify your email address.

Can you help?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

From what I can tell, this error occurs when an account is created for an e-mail address that has already placed orders previously in your store. I'm just figuring this out myself, hoping maybe the error message can be customized to reflect that.

I had disabled user accounts initially during development, and when I enabled them, I encountered this error right away.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am having the same issue in my live site. Can you please resolve this issue on Shopify's end?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
2 0 0

The top portion of this message is isolated in it's own element, so if you use this code in your custom CSS stylesheet, it should hide the top part of the message "Sorry, looks like something went wrong. Please correct the following and submit again"  that doesn't make any sense.

#create_customer .alert.alert-danger p {
    display: none;
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I'm having the same issues in my store. may you assist?

@Brian_D wrote:

Hello Richard,

Brian here, from the Shopify Guru Team. :)

I've just sent on an email to you so that we may look into this issue a bit further for you. Simply reply to my email with some of the additional information that I've requested, and we'll hopefully be able to shed some light on what is causing this issue.

Also, if you do encounter any other issues, or have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at support@shopify.com.

Have a lovely day! :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Where is that located? "custom css stylesheet"

@Jeff_Delacruz wrote:

The top portion of this message is isolated in it's own element, so if you use this code in your custom CSS stylesheet, it should hide the top part of the message "Sorry, looks like something went wrong. Please correct the following and submit again"  that doesn't make any sense.

#create_customer .alert.alert-danger p {
    display: none;
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello,

We face the same problem

The message is displaying when a customer creates an account with the same email already available in the system [even if the customer record added with "No account"]

Hiding the message through css is not a good idea since this may hide other messages using the same class.

Is there a practical solution for this issue? [an option to not displaying this message or the ability to customize the text]

Thanks

0 Likes