Error while importing Customer list

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi, 

I was importing 4000+ customer list using csv, but it just imported 2046 customers. I thought that it might have overwritten the exiting customers. Then I had another list which i was trying to import but it is showing me an error sign saying "an import is already in progress". I waited for the import to finish but there was no change. After two days i tried importing the second list, but it is still showing me the same error.

Can someone pls help me how to resolve this issue?

Thanks, 

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 11.09.57 am.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 38 58

Hi, @Sabeen1!

My name is Lilith, I'm on the Social Care team at Shopify.

Sounds like there might be a file stuck in the import queue.

If you've checked out the Customer CSV guide and you encountered this issue, there could be a common mistake or a limit being reached.

I like to recommend reviewing the CSV Column Descriptions as well. Sometimes an error can get caught up in there and cause a bit of a problem uploading a CSV if the system has trouble reading it correctly.

Customer CSVs have the following limitation to successfully import:

• Maximum file size of 1MB

You'll also need a bit more time if the file is over 900 lines. It can be a bit of a slow process for larger files as the system meticulously populates the data in the correct locations and format.

During the time it is importing you'll want to wait before importing another file so as to not "clog" the import of the first file.

That said, I'd love to take a closer look and see if we can clear the import up for you!

Let me know if this works for you and I can send an email out to you after you reply here.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi @Lilith,

Thanks for getting back to me. 

While figuring out how to clear up the clog, I deleted all the customers which were imported from the first list. However, it is still showing me the same error and not uploading any file. 

Yes, i would need some help from you.

Thanks, 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
292 38 58

Sure thing! Happy to help!

If the same error is coming up, that means there is a "clog" it can't be flushed from your side so I'll take care of it for you. I'll send you an email here and it should arrive in a couple of minutes.

Lilith | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Lilith,

I believe I'm experiencing the same issue, could you help?

Thanks,

Daniel

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Lilith,

I too am experiencing this issue. I am trying to import my email subscribers from mailchimp to shopify. I have a csv file that is under 1MB and contains, First Name, Last Name and Email columns.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Many Thanks

Sana 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am experiencing the same exact issues. also the system does not recognize any CSV file. I even tried uploading the sample CSV file provided by Shopify and I cant seem to be able to upload anything. I am also getting the error that a Customer import is in process. No luck since early this afternoon

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I am facing the same issue. Can you help me, please? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I am experiencing the same issue. Can you help me as well?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm experiencing the same issue, too. Would it be possible to get some support also? Many thanks. 

0 Likes