Error with automatic discount and shipping cost

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello team,

I've read through some documentation so I understand that discount codes cannot be applied when an automatic discount is active. 

So here is my issue: a user came in via email with a free shipping discount code in the URL, there is an automatic discount where you get 30% when you get two of the same item, and they are getting quoted the cost of shipping still. 

What confuses me is the order says the discount code was applied. Can anyone please advise on what to do here so I can get back to my customer. Automatic discount only applies to one product right now and they so happen to have found it. 

Screenshot 2019-07-21 at 5.09.00 pm.png

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Kenroy

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
83 13 19

Hi, Kenroy!

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

Automatic discounts take precedence over other discount codes, so this is expected behaviour even though the customer used the link specific to your free shipping discount. If you'd still like to offer this customer free shipping, you have a few options. 

One option is to create a free shipping rate under Settings > Shipping in your admin. For example, the free shipping rate could be a price-based rate for orders over $45. Or, if each of your products have accurate weights assigned, the free shipping rate could be a weight-based rate for orders within a particular weight range. When a free shipping rate applies to an order, customers will still be able to use a discount code or receive an automatic discount.

You can also create a draft order for this customer. With a draft order, you'll be able to manually add the appropriate discount and either add a custom shipping cost or choose to omit the shipping charge. Alternatively, you can process a partial refund for the shipping amount after they've placed their order.

Please let me know if you have any questions about any of these options.

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes