Errors importing products via CSV

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Halp!

I'm building a CSV from a JSON file of another store. When I try and import it to my store, I get this in my email:

Shopify completed your batch import.
0 products successfully imported.
0 existing products ignored.
192 products failed to import.

Errors:

Line 2-16: Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists.
Line 17-21: Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists.
Line 22-34: Validation failed: You need to add option values for SIZE
Line 35-39: Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists.
Line 40-51: Validation failed: You need to add option values for SIZE...

It goes on and on. There are a couple of products that fail because the image can't be imported. 

Here is a pic of the CSV I'm trying to import: 

(Well, maybe that won't work. I'll leave it in case it's just a matter of time for the image to be available on imgur.)

I've tried having the first line of each product have the option1Name be 'Title' and the value be 'Default Title' as mentioned elsewhere in the forums as a possible solution to this issue. I've also tried letting the Name and Value be 'Size' and 'Small' for instance and that hasn't worked either.

Does anyone have any insight as to the source of this issue? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
302 5 53

Hey, hi!

About the "Default Title already exists" - it probably means that you have several variants for each product, but you haven't specified "Options" - as each variant has to have unique options. For example, "Option1 Name" can be "Color". And "Option1 Value" can be like Red, Green, Blue, etc. That way your product variants are unique.

You can try entering one product with all variants manually in Admin, and then do the export - to see how those should look in the import file.

I have looked into your linked files - it looks like you started correctly to specify the "Size" as "Option1 Name", but you also need the "Option1 Value" filled in for each variant. And you need to fill them for all the product lines.

Hey, but why don't you try the https://excelify.io app for this?

It will allow you to import data from the Excel template (which has for Products almost identical columns to the Shopify CSV, but with extended capabilities and more forgiving).

There you are getting a chance to download "Import Results" file after the import, and see for each product - what went wrong, in that same product row (as the last two columns added).

Even the Free Demo with 10 products per file might give you valuable info, why those are failing.

Oh, and in the Enterprise Plan, you get the one custom file format import developed complementary to the monthly fee. So you could import your JSON files directly, without having to transform them.

Maris

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
4 0 1

Hey thanks for getting back with me Maris!

I finally figured out what the issue was and didn't see it anywhere in the documentation/forums. I'll put it here in case anyone else comes across the same difficulty.

To add multiple variations, ONLY the first row for a product should have the 'Variant Inventory Policy' and 'Variant Fulfillment Service' rows filled in. (I used the defaults- 'Deny' and 'Manual').

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
302 5 53

Thanks, Howdy!

Glad to hear you have solved your issue.

Take care!

Excelify.io | Bulk Import Export Update Migrate | https://excelify.io
0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

API not allow 0 value for size please any can help me why?

{  
   "product":{  
      "shopify_product_id":"",
      "title":"Liverpool Jeans Company",
      "body_html":"",
      "vendor":"Liverpool Jeans Company",
      "product_type":"",
      "images":"",
            "variants":[  
         {  
            "inventory_quantity":0,
            "sku":"4HGGR69",
            "price":79,
            "option1":"Blue",
            "option2":"0"
         }
      ],
      "options":[  
         {  
            "name":"Color",
            "position":1
         },
         {  
            "name":"Size",
            "position":2
         }
      ]
   }
}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
11 0 8

This didn't work for me. I have errors:

• Line 2-6: Inventory policy is not included in the list
  • Line 2-6: Fulfillment service can't be blank

I am new to Shopify, and just want to import a simple 3 option product to see how it works. Have followed the instructions, used the template, no joy. Shopify chat support have so far taken 4 hours to say, in a variety of ways, they have no idea.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1 0 0

Hello Jason, 

The first error refers to the Variant Inventory Policy column in your CSV file which seems to have an invalid value. 
(Valid values are deny or continue )

The 2nd error refers to your Variant Fulfillment Service column which is missing the values
Valid values are:manual,shipwire,webgistix,amazon_marketplace_web... so unless you have a specific fulfillment service, the value should be "manual"

Have a look at this document from our Help Centerfor additional details.

If you need further assistance let us know, you can contact us 24/7 by Email, Livechat, or Phone!

Regards. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
25 0 18

Interesting, I had the same error as the original Poster.  In the end I changed the handles to be the same as the skus.

I understand skus  having to be unique, same part# but selling in different UOM. box, case, etc.  I was hoping to keep

the handle the same as the part#, but now I cannot.

·         1 product couldn't be changed due to invalid information

To import products that couldn't be updated, fix any errors in the CSV file and try importing it again.

Failed:

·         Line 2-3: Validation failed: The variant 'Default Title' already exists.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

When I Tried to follow this method it gave these errors:

There was an error importing your CSV file. After you fix the error, try importing the CSV file again.

• Inventory policy is not included in the list
  • Fulfillment service can't be blank
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I also had this error after switching my info around. Have been searching for days and still cant find a solution to this issue.

0 Likes