Estimated delivery date based on zip code

Highlighted
4 0 0

Hello everyone.

Is there a way (natively or by using a plugin) to show the buyer an estimated delivery/shipping date based on the user's zip code?

Thanks in advance!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hi, we would like to build an app to show the estimated delivery date based zip code.

We want to show the delivery ETA on the product page, cart page, and check out page. But the problem is,

I can only know the visitor's country from IP address, I can't get the zip code until the customer enters that in the check out page.

So, I can't show the delivery ETA on the product page base on the zip code. It's also not a good way to ask customers to enter zip code on the product page.

BTW, I want to know why you need this app? Do you have a database with ZIP codes and delivery ETA for each zip code?

Does this database contain only the zip codes of one country, or does it include the zip codes of different countries in the world? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Our intention is not to use GeoIP or anything like that, but to display the estimated delivery date in the Shipping step of the Checkout process (after the user has entered the information, including the ZIP Code).

We do have a database with ZIP Codes and delivery ETAs for each Zip Code, and it only applies to the US.

0 Likes
Highlighted

Okay, I see, thank you for the information. We will try to make an application that meets your needs. But it will take about 1 to 2 months to go live.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Hi.

I think something was misinterpreted. I'm not looking to have something like that built.

I only needed to know if Shopify offers this natively or if a plugin exists to accomplish that feature.

0 Likes
Highlighted

OK, I see. To do that, you need to customize the check out page.

But it seems the checkout.liquid asset is available to Shopify Plus merchants only. 

https://shopify.dev/docs/themes/files/checkout-liquid

And for very strict security reasons the checkout cannot be code modified. 

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Check-out-page-customization/m-p/322905

0 Likes
Highlighted

Hey @dg-sw,

Order Delivery Date Estimation Shopify app by SetuBridge allows configuring a custom delivery date range and message for specific products. With this, the app allows configuring the position of the message widget on the product detail page.

At the present, the app allows the store owners to set country-wise delivery date range and messages. For zip-code-based delivery ETAs and messages, you will need some additional customizations in the app. Customization in the app will provide you exact required functionality.

Regards'
SetuBridge
0 Likes