Every time I connect shopify to my facebook account it gets me kicked off facebook

Highlighted
1 0 0

For some strange reason, after connecting shopify to my normal facebook account to set up my business account, my facebook account gets deactivated for breaking their "community guidelines." At first I thought it was something wrong with my account, so I tried connecting it to my brother's and my mothers, and both of theirs were deactivated as well. This isn't on facebook's end, it's on shopify's end. What would be causing this weird glitch?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 28 187

Hi, @IanHarbour830

This is Rae from Shopify. 

Thanks for starting this thread, and welcome to the Shopify Community. I can certainly help out with the troubles you're having. 

To confirm, are you seeing an error when your Facebook account gets deactivated? If so, is this appearing on Facebook's end, or in your Shopify admin? Can you please send me a screenshot of this error?

It sounds like the message you're seeing is tied to something within Facebook's Community Standards. With that said, have you reached out to Facebook about this for more information? If not, you can do this via their Business Help Center

In the meantime though, it's also important to ensure that your business is eligible to use the Facebook Channel, and meets these these basic requirements. Take a look over both of these pages and let me know if you have any questions or concerns about the guidelines. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about this soon! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes