Everything was going well until...

Highlighted
Tourist
23 0 3

Hello everybody,

As you may have saw on the title, everything was doing well on my store, I have 3% conversion.

And for the last 6 days, my conversion rates have terribly dropped, going from 250€/day to merely 100€

I havent change anything to my store, and my Facebook ads are performing the same, same traffic, same CPC ect... But i really struggle to have sales

So what is the problem ? I was doing so well, why did it dropped like this ?

Thank you for your answer

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
293 6 40

I think 6 days is a short period of time for conversion rate, especially on a holiday weekend, but here's what I usually check:

1) Browse your website (in incognito mode to trigger any popups) and go through your funnel through checkout.

2) Check your abandoned cart % and add to cart %

3) Check your Google Analytics for things like:

- Traffic sources

- Product performance / conversion rate on certain products, especially the popular sellers, look for drops

- Behavior flow

- Bounce rate

- Time on page

4) Any apps that are store front facing, make sure they're dialed in (example if an app has an email popup or promotion, check it's settings. I've had an app reset the email popup to generic and it looked bad / didn't make sense).

3% is really good so it sounds like your store and funnel is good, I would just get in deep with your Google Analytics to spot the source of the drop, then you can make the decision to take action from there.

Founder of Speed Boostr - we make Shopify sites faster.
Analyze your site at analyze.speedboostr.com.
I also build custom apps, systems, and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 5 44

Hey, @Vincent_Tieng!

I agree with @JoesIdeas that the best thing to do is to optimize your ads and website by researching through Google Analytics and Shopify Analytics to see what products have been selling and what the common denominators in those sales were. You need to be constantly refining your ads and website to better target your audience, and increase ROI. This is a great blog post about ad optimization.

Could you also post a link to your website so we can take a look and see what the user experience is like?

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Tourist
23 0 3

Thank you to both of you

Yeah my add to cart rate didn't drop, but reach checkout rate have dropped.

My bounces rate didn't change, and time spent too. And my FB ads are performing well too 

@_Ash_ Could i send it to you by email ? I don't want everyone to see my website :)

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
158 5 44

Hi, @Vincent_Tieng!

I've sent you an email you can reply to with your website address and I'll be happy to take a look.

_Ash_ | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
289 21 33

If your add to cart is good, but its not converting, I would also open a chunk of your abandoned carts.  Are they leaving on Shipping page or payment page? 

Happy to give you some tricks that might help, depending on the page they are leaving on.

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes
Tourist
23 0 3

Hello Thank you for your answer,

So most of them leave at the first page (Information page with shipping address)

And when they fill the first information page, i lost 40% of them at the payment page. What should i do ?

Thank you

1 Like
Shopify Partner
289 21 33

Hey Vincent.

Its really hard to say, especially without having access to look.  Happy to do a little digging for you if you like.  I would need your .myshopify.com address and I can send you a collab invite.  I do not charge for consultations ;)

Best Regards,
Duncan.
Isle of misfit code & development
http://ecomdev.ca
0 Likes