Exclude Canceled and Archived Orders from Reports

newworldkitchen
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi,

I run a meal-prep service through my Shopify account. People order meals during the week, and then pick them up on a single day at the end of the week. In order to prepare the food, it's useful for me to be able to print a report with the total number of each product variant that has been ordered over a 7-day period. However, that appears to be impossible to do, since sales from canceled orders are included in the reports. For example, the total sales number for Product A says 26, but one order was canceled, so in reality I only sold 25. I tried archiving the canceled orders, but they are still counted in the reports. Is there a way to exclude archived and/or canceled orders from reports?

Not having accurate counts on the reports means that I've had to go through each individual order and tally them by hand to ensure the correct number of meals are being made. I would hope there's a less time consuming way to handle this.

Replies 4 (4)

KBetterReports
Shopify Partner
69 0 25

Hi  @newworldkitchen,

Kritesh here from Better Reports team. 

Our app - Better Reports can help! In fact, we work with many meal prep merchants like yourself.

You can create a report that shows the sales by product (excluding returns) over the last 7 days aggregated by orders (you can exclude cancelled or archived orders), so that you have an accurate quantity totals.

You can also schedule this report to run at a regular cadence (say weekly) and be sent to your email or Google Sheets so it helps automate your production workflow as well.

Let me know if you want to try it and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

Disclaimer: I am part of the Better Reports support team.

newworldkitchen
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi KBetterReports,

I appreciate the response, but it looks like your service costs roughly $20/month to do this, and I'd rather not add to my bills to get this one basic function I need. I'm just baffled that this isn't a default function of Shopify. Why would anyone want to see sales numbers from cancelled orders in their total sales reports? Why would variants in cancelled orders be counted as part of the total number of variants sold?  I can't see any reason the default function shouldn't be to exclude cancelled orders. If people want to see cancelled orders added into the totals on their reports, why not just give them a filter to do so? Can someone from Shopify please answer these questions?

Rags
Tourist
7 0 5

I'm having the same problem. Canceled orders are showing up in my sales reports and it's ridiculous that a canceled order is not excluded automatically.

I've read some solutions about enabling a filter in the reports but it seems like this feature is only available in the advance or higher plan )Basic shopify plan does not have this).

It's kind of frustrating that every time I generate a report and I need to manually remove the cancelled orders from the total revenue, even looking at other options other than shopify due to this.

BetterReports-C
Shopify Partner
77 0 6

Hi @Rags 

Claudia here from the Better Reports support team.

Better Reports can definitely help with this as we can easily exclude canceled orders from any sales report with the use of a single filter, which is available to all Shopify plans.

In addition to our custom report capabilities, we have more than 60 built-in reports that cover your most common reporting needs including sales, current inventory, refunds, payouts, and more. Our reports can even be scheduled to send at a set frequency to your email or Google Drive!

I encourage you to install Better Reports and start your free 14-day trial and I'll be happy to set this up for you.

What do you think?