Exclude certain products from discount

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

Hi All,

I have a discount that I created for two collections, which are based on the vendors. Now, there are certain collections that have these vendors, but because I got specials on them I can't off the discounts. How can I exclude them?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
523 1 101

Hey, there!

My name is Alex, I'm a guru here at Shopify!

If you have a collection created for a discount, there isn't currently a way to exclude particular items from having the discount apply.  What I'd suggest is creating a new collection; you needn't display this on your site anywhere, it can be a hidden collection strictly to set up this discount.  Create that collection so that all the products you'd like to offer the discount on are included, and then apply the discount to this new collection.  There's more on creating collections in our guide right over here - using the 'does not contain' condition can really help in creating this collection, if you've just a few that you'd like to exclude.

Hope that's helped!  Please feel free to give us a call or start a live chat at any time, we're open 24/7 for your convenience and always happy to assist!

Cheers,

Alex | Shopify Guru

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
23 0 2

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 4

Okay, please tell me there's a way to exclude on sale items from discount codes. I run an ambassador program and they each have their own unique code. It will take a solid week to set it up the way you've explained below. There should be an easy way to simply unclick an item you don't want a discount code applied to. I can't get an external app for every tiny adjustment I need to make on my site. My apps are already running out of control. Has ANYONE found a simple way to manage this?