Existing businesses Beware - Issues with Shopify Risk Team

TylerKing
Tourist
8 0 36

Strap yourselves in... this is a bot of a long thread, but at this point I don't know where to turn.

First a bit of background: 

We are a large (13,000 sq ft) gift shop in Michigan. We opened in 1990, currently have 30 employees, a warehouse, and have a low 7 figure yearly revenue. We started using Shopify for web sales about a year ago to expand our customer presence. We were pretty happy with it, and had been looking to upgrade our POS in store for quite some time, and after some research we decided that Shopify POS would fit the bill, and made the jump this February. This involved almost 2,000 man hours of labor to re-inventory and add 17,000 sku's to SHopify, purchase of new hardware totaling $10,000, and a large amount of in-house training.

Pre-Shopify we had been sold CBD by a rep, who told us it was completely legal to sell. When we added these sku's to Shopify, we realized that this was not the case. We received a notice from risk operations telling us they were not allowed under TOS; we immediately removed all CBD related items as it was not a significant part of our business, and we didn't want to be doing anything shady / not allowable. They removed the hold and we went back to business as usual.... Until last Sunday. 

At about 6:25 I received an email that stated: 

Hello! ?

XXXX (name omitted) here from the Shopify Risk Team!

We have seen that your store has continued to accept CBD products after being warned against this previously. Please can you explain the reason why these products were re-added to your store?

Regards,
XXXX
Risk Analyst | Shopify

I was confused to say the least, because I had been staring at all the CBD we did have in the corner of my office for the last 3 weeks trying to figure out what to do with it. Looking at our account, I could see that our payments had been frozen. Figuring this had to be some kind of mistake I responded asking for clarification as to what products were in violation..... and waited.... and waited.... and waited

Monday I sent 3 follow-up emails asking for clarification, with absolutely no response. When I got into work on I did some research and found these 3 items that looked like this... 

A&A4.JPG

Now if you look, or are familiar with Alex & Ani, you will know that they are jewelry items, the SKU matches the SKU from Alex & Ani if you do a Google search, the UPC matches, the price matches, and the description match; and provided them a link to all 3 items if they wanted to look themselves.

A&A1.JPG

Discovering this I emailed them (again) with all this information; including that the "CBD" stand for Charity By Design, and this was entered as it appeared as the description on our invoice from them. This was entered by our processing / receiving department. I even gave them a link to the Alex and Ani page where you can sign up for a charity by design that is literally called their "CBD FORM." And again I waited... and waited... and waited....

This was followed by multiple emails asking for any updates, and again, I had not even received any clarification that I had asked for as to which items had been identified. In the interim the amount of money on hold was growing (as of this morning it is over $36,000)

Capture.JPG

Wednesday I began working the phones trying to get an answer. I will mention that all the gurus I worked with tried to help, and seemed as frustrated with the risk team as I did. Finally Wednesday at noon i get the one and only follow-up email I have received from the risk team to date which stated:

Hello!

Apologies for the delay in response. We are referring to these products:

(3 items listed but ommitted)

(Same as the ones I had sent them explanations about 2 days prior)

Regards,

XXXX (name witheld)
Risk Analyst | Shopify

I was assured by the Guru that this was being looked at and I would have a resolution on Thursday morning. Again I waited... and waited.... and waited....

Thursday I was on the phone for over hours 3 trying to get someone who could get me at least as status or timeline, however there is no way to actually talk to someone on the risk team, and I was told "they don't have phone numbers."

I am responsible for making sure that our 30 employees are taken care of paycheck wise, and am currently unable to do so. 

Shopify has created a system where this team is essentially not accountable to anyone, and no one has any way of disputing anything a computer flags. I admit we were in violation initially without knowing after being fed a line by a rep for a CBD company, but removed those products within minutes of initially being informed, and continued to be in compliance with Shopify Payment TOS through today. Now, I am in a position where I can't get a response from an opaque process that currently has almost $40,000 of our hard earned money. I mean if you have any questions as to what type of business we are, there are literally 3-4 promo store walk throughs on our Facebook page from the last month: https://www.facebook.com/MySecretGardenBayCity

I have no idea who to turn to at this point. I had been an advocate for Shopify and the ecosystem to many of our business friends up until this point, but this has really soured me. I think we may need to look to migrate already, and not because of the fact this happened (I understand issues arise, and they are trying to protect themselves), but how it is dealt with after the fact is what it concerning. You have a situation where they are witholding almost $40,000, and I can't get a clarification email for 3 days; that is simply unacceptable after I send over 20 emails, and 6 phones calls after almost an entire business week. I now, after dealing with this team fear reprisal in the form of them just shutting down our store; my only hope is that someone who actually has the power to do something about this sees this.

-Tyler

Replies 21 (21)

TylerKing
Tourist
8 0 36

*Update*

Finally 30 minutes after posting this, the issue has been resolved and we are cleared to continue accepting payments. If you are an existing business that is anywhere off the ground, use extreme caution and consideration if you are thinking about moving to Shopify. I handle top level customer service issues for our business, and if I or any of our employees treated a customer as I have been treated through this I would be ashamed, and probably looking at termination.

-Tyler

JVMV
Visitor
2 0 3
I am currently in the same boat. I had my payouts paused for what seems like a whole week now. I have about $10,000 in holding and 100’s of orders that need to be fulfilled and invoices that need to be paid. I have been floating on reserves and I’m just about out. I have been emailing and the gurus can’t help me besides telling that there’s a process and I have to wait...

The email they sent me was that I either have to remove these certain prohibited products or switch to another third part provider and they will release the funds.
I don’t believe these products they are referring to are violating any rules and asked for a second review. I was asked to send in invoices and any documentation to support my case and I did. Now I haven’t heard anything since. First, I recently paid off a capital loan and had to wait 3 days after I paid it off for it to clear just so I can switch providers. Second, after I switched, I emailed the risk team for the release and never heard back from them. It is ridiculous that there is no direct contact point to reach them. Shopify support tried really hard to help me out but they always ended up saying the same thing which runs along the line of “we can’t do anything, wait for the risk team to contact you.”

I was at a point where sales were increasing fast and business was spiking. I felt like it was paying off, then Shopify slaps me in the face. They hold my funds, give me the silent treatment, and tell me to make it work.

I don’t think I have any plans on going back to Shopify Payments and I urge anyone who is reading this to stay away. I feel like they forced me on a dry pool slide and I’m trying to hold on but they’re about to dump a bucket of water and it’s just a slippery slope from there.
LightningATC
Tourist
3 0 2

I am currently facing the exact same issues at this moment.

The nerve that us as small business owners spend so much time and money to build something on this Shopify platform that seems so great and advanced and helpful for an average person like myself who is looking to branch out, to than get hit with the same 'payments on hold' pop-up after doing so well on the first couple of days with no warning or notification as to why I am now being considered a 'high-risk business'. This is very unfortunate that I have to explain to all of my paying/future customers the current situation I am in because of this flawed system. The fact that there is only one line of communication to their Risk Department which is via email is terrible for the all Shopify business owners overall. I can no longer use Shopify Payments without any word or reasoning but I can continue to use Shopify's platform and pay $29/month and whatever other hidden fees are tied into this mess , what a waste of time and unfortunate way of handling people who are bringing you tons of money on a monthly/annual basis. Now I have to wait on Shopify's Risk Department to respond to me via email (probably with an automated reply) on why my $1.5K funds are on hold for the next 90 days and why I cannot use Shopify Payments without any real reasoning because I have not broken any type of rules or TOS regulations at all. Over 6.5K sales in the last week or two, over 280+ orders, and 0 charge backs. Please explain to me how that is considered a 'high-risk business'.

I would highly recommend if you are starting up a business, just go with PayPal link method and stick to WordPress because the way that Shopify treats their customers (who pay a lot of money to use their platform) is just ridiculous in every single way !  Save yourself from this huge disappointment.

alphajavacofee
Visitor
1 0 2

Wow, after that happened to you, I hope you are looking at alternative options at this point I would not trust shopify having the power to freeze over 35k dollars and hurting your business and employees. Thats just wrong on so many levels

Omniaowner
Visitor
2 0 1

would you say by writing a thread will allow this process to happen quicker?

GimboSlice
Excursionist
59 0 8

Hi,

I'm facing a similar situation. I really feel you. They are holding us 30k because I wrongly sent the wrong document and this risk advisor doesn't want to send the right document. We have read all tos and requirements. We have been working with shopify payments for a year. I have called several times, created blog posts, contacted shopify support. This agent is not helping us. I want the verification team to receive the right document and I'm stuck with this person. I don't know really what else to do. This seems unbelievable that nobody can reach out to me so I can send them the documents. I need employees to get paid and pay business expenses. It's been a month with this issue. I run a legit clothing company that works with small brands. Any assistance on this to be resolved asap will be appreciated!

shopif1sucks
Tourist
9 0 29

This just happened to me, they are holding on to money for 90 days. Ruining my business operations of course. In my opinion I'm sure there is grounds for lawsuits for this if someone would be willing to take the effort. They state that Stripe/Shopify Payments can put your account at risk at anytime, and that's fine. It's their business, HOWEVER; this should not include any money that is to be paid out; that means Shopify is affecting my business but if I can't afford to purchase my customer's products and ship it to them, that affects the customer's money and products. That is in my opinion ILLEGAL. This money is not Shopify's, it is either mine as a store or the customers. I was unable to refund this money to the customer EITHER. This is insane, they do this with thousands of stores and MILLIONS of $ that Shopify holds for 6 Months+ that means that can use and invest in their business, as I'm sure no one regulates this money to be held in a safe account and not be used. This means unless customers chargeback, this money is held/ "kidinapped" for 6 months by Shopify. 

Lastly, Shopify says you can use other payment providers who would take this risk: HOWEVER, Shopify collects fees for Stores using any other payment providers as well. So these FRAUDSTERS collect your annual/monthly store fee, tell you to use other providers (who collect their own fees as well) and collect fees ON TOP OF THAT, and collect your domain fees. Do not use these guys, no money you make is worth allowing them to make money off of you and control your Store like they own it.

PLUS They have the AUDACITY to tell you to sell your store when you try and close it, so they can make some sort of fee on that.

mcshakielive
Visitor
1 0 4

Oh my God this just happened to me.  First, I put up some hand sanitizers, one being CBD infused hand sanitizer that I sold at the MSRP.  The sent me an email saying that the products could not be sold at that price due to COVID-19 price gouging.  So I sent them email from my manufacturer.  I sent them the products on Amazon and showed them that I actually charged .99 more than a comparable product would on Amazon.  I am not an oportunitst.   So the products were taken off the store, as they are not my marquee product or even one that sells that good.  I did not pull them off but they were not at all listed. Then I get an email back that my store had been locked and I can't get in and do anything.  This is embarrassing as i spent a lot of time and a lot of money marketing the store and its product.  I have adds running to a site that doesn't exist,  I immediately removed the items and sent a series of emails.  I Reviewed the TOS and got a better understanding and explained this in a series of emails, that I was sorry and to please unlock my store.  No response.  This has been hours and I hate that my traffic is going to nowhere.  I called Shopify no one can help as the Risk Department has a phone number.   At least put the store up, they deleted the whole store.  I sell cosmetics and I quit my job to work on this full time.  I didn't know that people held this type of power of you.  But in my case I have a voice my IG following is over 75K and im verified along with strong followings on all social media platforms and my only recourse is to make people aware of these practices.  This is wrong... just wrong.  

Jojo14
Visitor
1 0 1
Did you get this resolved? It just happened to me and we are a super small café that has been ruined by the pandemic so we opened a web store for orders and groceries and now they have locked us out. We can’t afford to pay for ads that aren’t leading anywhere. How long did it take them to fix it?

Thank you!
sunwheel1976
Visitor
1 0 2

I'm having the same issues. Accused of price gouging. I have even offered to send them invoices showing we are not price gouging. DId your issue get resolved?

avery3king
Visitor
1 0 1
I AM SO SCARED for how long this is going to take to fix!!!!!!!

I can not believe that shopify is making me go through this.
I am considering leaving for sure. They just sent me an email this morning about not letting me take payments through them. I sell masks for the virus because there is a need for it but I am NOT price gouging. The disposable ones I am selling at a price that everywhere else is.... that even has them available. Some of the ones with designs on it are a little more expensive but it’s because they’re more expensive to make. I have also offered to provide them with any information they need because I read through their entire rules & terms and have confirmed I am definitely not breaking any rules.
Wefillgood
Visitor
1 0 2
I had a similiar situation and I am only posting in hopes that someone at Shopify cares about their customers and reads these.
My payments have been turned off, so only online sales witj paypal works. In store ,I have been writing down cc numbers to charge customers once Shopify lets me.
I have emailed Tom in risks multiple times in response and its been 48hours without any response. I have called 4 times , each call 1 to 2 hours and no one can help at support. They say we need to wait on Tom.
How can their only be one person to resolve my issue. Keep in mind the issue is that the service I pay for, to charge orders doesnt work. I personally think thats a pretty big deal.
Any other personal or business service would not be down for 48hours.
Marla Baldassare
A very dissatisfied customer in case anyone at Shopify cares!!!

saraleehkersgro
Tourist
3 0 3

my store started selling on 4 May and was banned on 7 May.

i received one payout on 6 May which was about AUD4200 and also reversed to shopify from my bank acc on the next day.

they didn't provide any reason to ban my store. just ask me to wait for the risk team to respond. today is the 7th day after the store was banned and i still have no news . they should have about AUD10000 payment on hold from my buyers. 

@TylerKing wrote:

Strap yourselves in... this is a bot of a long thread, but at this point I don't know where to turn.

First a bit of background: 

We are a large (13,000 sq ft) gift shop in Michigan. We opened in 1990, currently have 30 employees, a warehouse, and have a low 7 figure yearly revenue. We started using Shopify for web sales about a year ago to expand our customer presence. We were pretty happy with it, and had been looking to upgrade our POS in store for quite some time, and after some research we decided that Shopify POS would fit the bill, and made the jump this February. This involved almost 2,000 man hours of labor to re-inventory and add 17,000 sku's to SHopify, purchase of new hardware totaling $10,000, and a large amount of in-house training.

Pre-Shopify we had been sold CBD by a rep, who told us it was completely legal to sell. When we added these sku's to Shopify, we realized that this was not the case. We received a notice from risk operations telling us they were not allowed under TOS; we immediately removed all CBD related items as it was not a significant part of our business, and we didn't want to be doing anything shady / not allowable. They removed the hold and we went back to business as usual.... Until last Sunday. 

At about 6:25 I received an email that stated: 

Hello! ?

XXXX (name omitted) here from the Shopify Risk Team!

We have seen that your store has continued to accept CBD products after being warned against this previously. Please can you explain the reason why these products were re-added to your store?

Regards,
XXXX
Risk Analyst | Shopify

I was confused to say the least, because I had been staring at all the CBD we did have in the corner of my office for the last 3 weeks trying to figure out what to do with it. Looking at our account, I could see that our payments had been frozen. Figuring this had to be some kind of mistake I responded asking for clarification as to what products were in violation..... and waited.... and waited.... and waited

Monday I sent 3 follow-up emails asking for clarification, with absolutely no response. When I got into work on I did some research and found these 3 items that looked like this... 

A&A4.JPG

Now if you look, or are familiar with Alex & Ani, you will know that they are jewelry items, the SKU matches the SKU from Alex & Ani if you do a Google search, the UPC matches, the price matches, and the description match; and provided them a link to all 3 items if they wanted to look themselves.

A&A1.JPG

Discovering this I emailed them (again) with all this information; including that the "CBD" stand for Charity By Design, and this was entered as it appeared as the description on our invoice from them. This was entered by our processing / receiving department. I even gave them a link to the Alex and Ani page where you can sign up for a charity by design that is literally called their "CBD FORM." And again I waited... and waited... and waited....

This was followed by multiple emails asking for any updates, and again, I had not even received any clarification that I had asked for as to which items had been identified. In the interim the amount of money on hold was growing (as of this morning it is over $36,000)

Capture.JPG

Wednesday I began working the phones trying to get an answer. I will mention that all the gurus I worked with tried to help, and seemed as frustrated with the risk team as I did. Finally Wednesday at noon i get the one and only follow-up email I have received from the risk team to date which stated:

Hello!

Apologies for the delay in response. We are referring to these products:

(3 items listed but ommitted)

(Same as the ones I had sent them explanations about 2 days prior)

Regards,

XXXX (name witheld)
Risk Analyst | Shopify

I was assured by the Guru that this was being looked at and I would have a resolution on Thursday morning. Again I waited... and waited.... and waited....

Thursday I was on the phone for over hours 3 trying to get someone who could get me at least as status or timeline, however there is no way to actually talk to someone on the risk team, and I was told "they don't have phone numbers."

I am responsible for making sure that our 30 employees are taken care of paycheck wise, and am currently unable to do so. 

Shopify has created a system where this team is essentially not accountable to anyone, and no one has any way of disputing anything a computer flags. I admit we were in violation initially without knowing after being fed a line by a rep for a CBD company, but removed those products within minutes of initially being informed, and continued to be in compliance with Shopify Payment TOS through today. Now, I am in a position where I can't get a response from an opaque process that currently has almost $40,000 of our hard earned money. I mean if you have any questions as to what type of business we are, there are literally 3-4 promo store walk throughs on our Facebook page from the last month: https://www.facebook.com/MySecretGardenBayCity

I have no idea who to turn to at this point. I had been an advocate for Shopify and the ecosystem to many of our business friends up until this point, but this has really soured me. I think we may need to look to migrate already, and not because of the fact this happened (I understand issues arise, and they are trying to protect themselves), but how it is dealt with after the fact is what it concerning. You have a situation where they are witholding almost $40,000, and I can't get a clarification email for 3 days; that is simply unacceptable after I send over 20 emails, and 6 phones calls after almost an entire business week. I now, after dealing with this team fear reprisal in the form of them just shutting down our store; my only hope is that someone who actually has the power to do something about this sees this.

-Tyler

TylerBarracuda
Tourist
7 0 3

Screenshot (2).pngSimilar problem to you give except i haven't even opened my store yet

Ok, so i am part of Tai Lopez's Shopify program they've pre-built me 2 shopify stores. I got both of them they were really nice then i went to put my card info into shopify for the shopify plan for $29 month to start because i am just starting out. Immediately after i put my card info in my first store stopped working. So i went to shopify support told them what happened and i was told that they'll look at it and get back to me in 48-72 hours. So while i am waiting for help from shopify. I am asking for support and getting help from tai lopez's team on what they recommend. So i requested to get a new store thinking it was just the a store thing. So they built me another store cause of my problem. Again I got the store and put my card info into shopify for their monthly $29 basic plan, again immediately after entering everything and hitting confirm it my second store stopped working. Then i went to shopify support again for help. To get this store fixed and what the update it with the other one, also why does this keep happening. After being on with shopify guru's for 2 hours my second store that was made was immediately fixed and i was emailed by the risk team tell me that it was fixed and to verify myself with my id front and back and the card i am going to use, so i did that. While the first store still wasn't work. An i was fine with that because i was just happy to just have one store that is working. 

Now that i finally had my store working I was like awesome i can start selling and won't have anymore problems. Wrong! Then next day i login to my store and see i can't use shopify payments. So immediately i got to shopify support to see why i can't use shopify payments. They said risk team will email me and suggested to use third party provider. Then i get emailed by the same risk operations guy telling me that i can't use shopify payments because i labeled as a high risk for customer returns and disputes. So now I've been battling back and forth through emails of why can't i use shopify payments asking them to provide me proof or data that they have on my store, that tells me how i am a high risk. I haven't even opened my store yet or taken any customers through my store. So how can they make that decision with no customers or sales done through my store. You can't profile a store that hasn't opened or had any customers yet. Risk operations still have yet to tell me how they determine this or give me any proof or data that my store or stores are high risk which tells me they don't have any. An if the basic plan include being able to use shopify payments. I've read through the whole terms and conditions 3 times. Nothing on that store or the another one violates anything those terms. 

This whole experience trying to use shopify has been nothing but problems and as a new customer this is a terrible experience. Risk operations does not and has not helped. I've repeatedly ask what products is violating their terms so i can correct it. Telling me to read the term doesn't solve the problem. Helping the person and telling them we can't use this product would. An i know i can't be the only person with this problem. 

I've also finally got the first store back working an immediately the disable me from using shopify payments on that store as well. It's quite ridiculous that 2 stores that are made by a multi millionaire's company that are mine get shopify payments disabled by the same risk support guy. I've continued to fight and well continue to fight to have my shopify payments reactivated. This is unacceptable!

An shopify or others telling me to use the third party provider can stop. Because the part of the reason for using shopify payments so i don't have to go through all of that extra garbage.

Let make money!
Orlandoc
Visitor
1 0 4

Having the exact same problem myself.  I am a TINY startup selling literally only concrete and bamboo boxes.  Their risk team opted to ban payment processing because what I'm selling is allegedly a smoking accessory. 

9 emails later, all of which have yielded to an identical flippant response every single time, has led me down the path of  choosing either:

a) a more expensive plan and paying more in transaction fees for being forced to use a 'high risk' payment processor... who has higher credit card rates themselves;

b) an even more expensive plan with neutral transaction fees but still more expensive third party high risk credit card rates, or;

c) same plan, everything is now 3% net more expensive to sell on Shopify.

I'm honestly at a loss to understand the decision-making process here, and the inherent lack of an appeals process or a pane of transparency to understand the reason for such an unfortunate decision.

But Shopify knows its backend is arguably the easiest to use, so they know you'll come crawling back. 

I have so many friends who WORK at Shopify and extol the virtue of its work culture, but I couldn't be more disappointed in how quick to dismiss the little guys like myself that they turned out to be.

🤷‍♂️

TylerBarracuda
Tourist
7 0 3

yeah I've been back n forth with them for 2 weeks. I've ask to speak with someone higher or a supervisor but Ian has refused to do so and stopped responding after asking for one. They never told me what products i have that makes me a "high risk" they tell me to read the terms and conditions and tell my they can't to protect there bank partner. You'd think since we're here paying for there service that they'd try to help and give better information so we as start up and/or new business owners can improve instead of making it harder

Let make money!

thecoreonline
Visitor
2 0 1

I am dealing with the same issue.  They want proof that we are legitimate resellers for a list of Brands.  We have been in business for 30 years.  

Here is an email I sent to them...

I would encourage you to call Mike Blanchard, business owner (32 years and counting) on Monday, Sept 14 between Noon and 7pm Central standard time. He will be expecting to hear from someone in the Shopify Risk Operations Department on Monday.
Companies we order from:

Southern Hobby (Wizards of the Coast)

Alliance Games (Wizards of the Coast)

Games Workshop

Asmodee

Entertainment Earth 

Diamond Comics 

Lunar

Funko 

YesAnime 

Capital City Distribution (Out of business since 1998 but we still sell product we ordered from them)

Hero's World (Out of business in 1999 but we still sell Comics and Action Figures we had ordered from them)

Sideshow Collectibles

Level 52

Plus dozens more, we would have to dig down in our archives to find names as many are no longer in business.

We have bought comic books, toys and collectibles from literally thousands of individuals over the past 30 years. Are you wanting names and addresses from these private individuals (several of whom have likely passed away)?

We have bought products from auction houses... Hakes, Heritage, Jacksons... did you need those invoices as well?

We have bought the contents from 3 different comic shops that went out of business over the past 30 years. What about that?

We purchase thousands of dollars of product for resale off eBay.

I was told they don't do phone calls.  Here is a part of an email from them...

Our banking partners would require a resellers agreement for the brands: DC Comics Wizards of the Coast, Marvel Comics, Disney, Games Workshop

Without a resellers agreement, you would need to select another payment gateway that is not the Shopify Payments gateway. I would not be able to call the business owner as per our department only corresponds by email. I will be sending you another email with alternative payment gateways that you can select.

"Please let us know if you need anything else! You can reply to this email or reach out through chat or phones. We’re available 24/7!

Kind Regards,

Risk Operations

I'm still trying to get this straightened out.

Priscilla Blanchard

The CORE
Co-Owner since 1998, Assistant Merchandise Buyer since 2019
1926 Valley Park Drive
Cedar Falls, IA 50613
http://www.thecoreonline.com

Henry_Pham
Tourist
12 1 3

Hi Priscilla 

I'm facing a similar situation with branded merchandise. What was the outcome of your issue with Shopify? Are you still using shopify payments or did you have to use a 3rd party payment processor? This is simply ridiculous. How can we can possibly track down each and every license agreement that we do not possess?

thecoreonline
Visitor
2 0 1

I sent the following messages:

I would encourage you to call Mike, business owner (32 years and counting) on Monday, Sept 14 between Noon and 7pm Central standard time. He will be expecting to hear from someone in the Shopify Risk Operations Department on Monday.

Companies we order from:

Southern Hobby (Wizards of the Coast)

Alliance Games (Wizards of the Coast)

Games Workshop

Asmodeus

Entertainment Earth (see screenshot below)

Diamond Comics (I sent a screenshot of our invoice page)

Lunar

Funko (paperwork sent)

YesAnime (paperwork sent)

Capital City Distribution (Out of business since 1998 but we still sell product we ordered from them)

Hero's World (Out of business in 1999 but we still sell Comics and Action Figures we had ordered from them)

Sideshow Collectibles

Level 52

Plus dozens more, we would have to dig down in our archives to find names as many are no longer in business.

We have bought comic books, toys and collectibles from literally thousands of individuals over the past 30 years. Are you wanting names and addresses from these private individuals (several of whom have likely passed away)?

We have bought products from auction houses... Hakes, Heritage, Jacksons... did you need those invoices as well?

We have bought the contents from 3 different comic shops that went out of business over the past 30 years. What about that?

We purchase thousands of dollars of product for resale off eBay.

Here is another:

Otis here from the Risk Operations Team at Shopify. Thanks for reaching out!

If you are unable to provide a resellers agreement for the branded products DC Comics Wizards of the Coast, Marvel Comics, Disney, Games Workshop and you wish to remain on the Shopify payments gateway, then the branded products would have to be removed from your shop.

If you don't want to remove the branded products from your shop, then would have to select another payment gateway that is not the Shopify Payments gateway.

Please let us know how you wish to proceed.

"Please let us know if you need anything else! You can reply to this email or reach out through chat or phones. We’re available 24/7!

Kind Regards,

Otis
Risk Operations

On Sep 09 13:30 EDT, I wrote:
Disney, Marvel and DC are through our distributors Diamond Comics and Lunar. We have been with Diamond for 30 years. We do not have paperwork.
Wizards of the Coast and Games Workshop we have also been with for 30 years and paperwork no longer exists.

I also pointed out "I see that Otis says we can phone with questions, but I don't see a phone number.  Please provide that."  It was never provided.

Honestly I think they just gave up.  I sent several verifications but there are so many I was unable to send.  

Good Luck!!

Priscilla

WerewolfJ
7 0 0

Man, reading through your ordeal with Shopify is making my blood boil!

WerewolfJ
7 0 0

And it's such a bummer that they've got you in this frustrating situation, especially when you've put so much time, effort, and hard-earned money into your business.