Expected Delivery Date Script

Tourist
8 0 2

Has anyone seen a plugin, script or widget that does the following:

Takes today's date, adds a set number of business days and returns an estimated delivery date with geo-location so that I can show the appropriate number of days for the user's country?

For example:

Order today and receive this product by:

USA: September 20th, 2016

Canada: September 30th, 2016

Worldwide: October 5th, 2016

I encountered this on RedBubble and am trying to incorporate that functionality in my product description.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3937 16 325

This is a bit tricky. For one thing, you usually want to remove weekends. Secondly you need to decide if you offer airplane, truck or camel speed delivery. Your inputs are a bit weak too. Geo-location means nothing except to provide an as the crow flies estimate of the distance between your origin and the destination. With that distance a camel takes 5n times as long as a truck, which takes 5n times as long as a plane, where n could be a day or two. 

So this script you speak of, is easy to create, but will only achieve usefulness if it can impart a decent guesstimate. 

Long and short of it is, if you want it, you can have it as a sludgy guess, worth 4 points, or a super decent accurate guess worth 10 points... you decide. There is little in the way of free that will do this without it being absolute rubbish. A worthy guesstimator in my guess would be worth some bucks to develop. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
81 0 11

I'll move this thread to Shopify Discussion. This section is for the Script Editor App, and you may get other answers in the right section.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
3937 16 325

@Guillaume: I think you meant to say Custom Carrier Shipping API. With that, you can return the number of business days a delivery will take, based on Geo-location. 

My point was that that process/algorithm is complex if dealt with accurately. Script Editor is more for fiddling with Discounts and changing item prices. As you know. 

Custom Shopify Apps built just for you! hunkybill@gmail.com http://www.resistorsoftware.com
0 Likes
2 0 0

Get It By is an app that detects your customer's location and gives them the exact delivery date they can expect to receive the product, right on the product details page. You can learn more information about it at GetItBy.com.

Using Get It By customers are seeing over a 10% increase in conversion rates.

0 Likes