Export File URL's into a spreadsheet

Highlighted
2 0 4

I'm trying to import images the most efficient way possible, and I have them all organized with SKUs as the file name. I have uploaded them to shopify in the "files" section, but now I am trying to export the URLs into an excel sheet to match up with my SKUs in my csv. When I highlight them all and copy/paste them into excel, the URLs do not show up. That column is blank! Why aren't they showing up?

Any ideas?

2 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
17 0 1

Hi AmandaDawn,

What I would do in a case such as this would be to use 2 different spreadsheet files; the first being the CSV that you are going to import, the other being any spreadsheet to store the info that you copying out of the Shopify location (I strongly recommend using google sheets, as excel sometime corrupts formatting with CSV's). Using this method will limit any damage in coping and pasting to the CSV import file. 

Now that the images are stored in a spreadsheet, it would be much easier to just move the urls from one location to the other while paying attention to the fact that they are being assigned to the right products and the CSV is not damaged and cells are not overwritten. 

Once you have all the image source Urls you would just need to copy and paste them into the right positions that correlates to the product. Using this method also make it easy to make sure that that images urls are coming out correctly from the files setting location 

Hope this helps. 

Scott 

If you have an question feel free to reach out to us :) 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 4

Hi Scott,

Thanks for your reply!

I really just need to figure out how to export the URLs from the shopify "files" tab into a spreadsheet. When I highlight the table and copy/paste into any spreadsheet (google docs or excel), the URL column is blank. The file name and file size shows up though!

Thanks!

Amanda

2 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 4

Hi Amanda,

If you haven't figured out how to get these URLs yet might I suggest using a macro to do the job for you?

Our store has over 9000 images uploaded to the file section and in order to get them all we had to use a macro to copy and paste the file name (our SKU's) to gather all of the URLs. The tool we use has a free version and paid with 30 day free trial, it is called Macro Toolworks.

Using this saved us a bunch of time and employee resources, hope it does for you as well!

Best,

Nick

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Nick, to confirm did you just upload this to the files section under settings?  

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
24 0 4

Hi Jayce, that is correct

0 Likes
Highlighted
Excursionist
18 0 8

Shopify needs to have these tools straight out of the box.... or allow some sort of DB tool to export

2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Nick, 

Maybe you can help us. When we export our product info, the image URL has some extra ID info after the ".jpg" extension. That extra string of number is not allowing our import site to recognize the image URL. If I delete that info, it works, but mind you I am working with near 1,000 items at at least 4 images per. 

Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the same problem, as I have 2000 products so I need an easy way to extract URLs along with titles in an excel sheet ??!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have the EXACT same question, and unfortunately your answer below didn't quite answer it.  Is there a way to extract all the file names from all the files uploaded to Shopify and viewable in Settings>Files?

0 Likes