Export Orders with Product Type?

PieceCraftLove
Excursionist
18 1 4

Is there a way to export my orders and include the product type field when exporting?

I pull a daily pick list from the orders screen, select the unfulfilled orders, click Export and work from the CSV that is generated.

The CSV pulls customer data plus the items the customer ordered so I just scrub out the customer data and use the item list, but I would love to be able to include the Product Type or even a Tag field in that data that is pulled from the orders.

Since for my store the item Product Type is linked to where the item is located in my warehouse, it would be such a time saver to also have that as a field when it pulls the order list. I think this would be helpful for SO MANY other Shopify shop owners because I've seen MULTIPLE requests for some sort of field for product location that could be included on an export. 

Does that make sense?

If that is possible with some magic app, I'm willing to consider it but I don't know if it's really worth $29 a month for this bootstrapping entrepreneur to spend for what takes me maybe 10 minutes to add to my daily list. It's just when I have 30 orders that it takes longer and eventually I'd like to get to where I have 30 orders a day to fill!

Thanks for any suggestions!

0 Likes

Hey there,

The product type and product tags fields are not in the order data, but our app EZ Exporter can export these fields for you along with the rest of the order data to CSV.

What our app basically does is do an additional lookup against your current product/variant data to pull out those additional product fields and then join them with the order data.  So as long as the original product/variant records associated with the order still exist, our app can export these fields.

Our app currently starts at $24.95/month and we do have a 7-day free trial so you can try it out first to see if it will be worth it.  It can automate exports as well so if the automation can save you additional time, hopefully that could justify the cost for you.

Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions.

Co-Founder / Developer at Highview Apps
Our Shopify Apps: EZ Exporter | EZ Inventory | EZ Importer | EZ Notify | EZ Fulfill
0 Likes