Export list of customers who purchased a particular collection or product?

Shutez
Shopify Partner
71 0 4

Hi - is this possible to do? I would like to get a CSV export of customers who purchased a specific product collection, or specific product. I cannot seem to figure out any way to do this from your admin panel. Seems like basic marketing info that we should be able to drill down and receive. Is this possible?

Shawn_R
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 1 20

Hi Shutez

That is possible with the advanced report builder that's available on our Unlimited Plan. You get a lot more detail and customization with the advanced report builder!

If you don't want to upgrade to that plan, an app like DeepMine might be able to get you that information.

- Shawn

0 Likes
Shutez
Shopify Partner
71 0 4

So is it true that there is literally no way to see a list of customers who bought product X or Y in any but the most expensive plan?

0 Likes
Shawn_R
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 1 20

You can export the orders to a CSV file. Then use a spreadsheet program like Excel, or OpenOffice.org to filter the information. Or use the DeepMine app I mentioned.

0 Likes
Shutez
Shopify Partner
71 0 4

Hi again - when I run an export, none of the headings are "collection" - is this information not associated with orders? That would be important to know. In that case, I would imagine even DeepMine cannot associate it.

0 Likes
Shawn_R
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
242 1 20

The Collection is associated with the product, not the order. But the Order has the products in it.

DeepMine should be able to make that connection since they aren't looking at the Orders alone. They are looking at the customer data, the product data, and more.

0 Likes
petitepalm
1 0 0

How do you export the list?

0 Likes
Sharon_Henry
Tourist
7 0 4

Unfortunately, the CSV list does not identify the products sold.

Paul_Ford
2 0 1

Look at excelify. They've got some good tutorials and will grab those fields you want I think. If nothing else you can do a full export and then filter yourself in excel.

0 Likes
Thomas_Romer
Excursionist
36 0 16

I would say it is really gross how the plans go from $25 to $75 to $299 a month. That is a joke. My store does pretty well and I still would have serious reservations about upgrading to an account literally 4x more costly on a per month basis. For the ability to do things that most plans do for free? If need to once in a great while run a report like the one you describe — the only way to do that is to pay an extra $225 a month? Sure, I can install a plug-in which also probably costs $40 a month. That is better of course — but I often find myself needing ten different things once or twice a year. So installing 10 different apps winds up coming close to $300 a month. I can install and uninstall them, but what kind of customer service is that? I have to run around and remember to uninstall things or run the risk of being charged $40 every month for something I needed once?! Why not make one or two or maybe three plan options in between $75 and $299?!? Maybe offer some of the features a few times a month to people who don’t need them all the time?

Shopify needs to get their act together. There are other things like more robust coupon codes that are LONG overdue and OFTEN requested in the forum. 

I love Shopify but it is starting to wear thin. I even hold stock and it has been very fruitful. But if things don’t get better I may start looking elsewhere this year.

0 Likes