Exporting image urls all in one row in csv file

Swinsbac
Tourist
6 0 5

Hi,

When exporting products to a csv file, each image URL is on a new row. Is there a way to get all images for each product on one row, in separate columns so that I can do a lookup by the variant SKU number and find them to add to a different spreadsheet. Currently the sku is found only on the top image. 

I am trying to extract certain fields of all our products to a new spreadsheet to list on a specific marketplace. I grab the data by column. This works for all fields except for images. I can only do the first image this way. All the rest I have been copying and pasting which obviously is a total waste of time for hundreds of products. Is there a way to export each image to a different column or does anyone know of a quick way to do this on excel.

Swinsbac_0-1606956897740.png

Replies 9 (9)

Emilie_Jalie
Excursionist
19 0 7

How did you export that data? Out of the box or you needed an app to do that? I need a quick and reliable way to export file names along with their URLs into a spreadsheet. Thanks!

Swinsbac
Tourist
6 0 5

@Emilie_Jalie 

This is out of the box. On the product page, click export. It will export all fields in the product page.

Swinsbac_0-1608240193983.png

Emilie_Jalie
Excursionist
19 0 7
I need URLs that are stored in Settings - Files and not necessarily linked to any product. Just need the whole list of what is in there.
TBJ
Visitor
1 0 0

That Export button is no longer there, is there any other way to export a csv file with images?

DanyaB
Visitor
2 0 2

I honestly can't believe you were the first person to ask this. I also cannot believe this is the default behavior from Shopify. It makes data management/manipulation a nightmare. 

Jaspers
Explorer
52 0 18

It's pathetic. There's so many things that happen every single day while using Shopify, where I literally have to stop what I'm doing and just kind of stare at the screen. Jaw dropped. In stunned like. Wow, this is really how this works. Or they really do this this way. It's terrible. It's almost like they want you to fail. And it's been even worse ever since Shopify Plus came about. Now. It's. More. Crap. Where? Why is this like this? And like he said here, they're the only ones in the world that do spreadsheets in this format. And. There in the line of work for people to have websites. So why would they make an entirely different unique system that is nothing but a headache for everybody and doesn't work for anything? If they want their websites to succeed. Well. I'm still wondering.

www.JaspersPlus.com

DeveloperRK
Shopify Partner
17 0 1

Hello,

Solution can be found by trying this app: https://apps.shopify.com/images-on-excel-1

Contact to the support of app, and they will provide you tool as per your need with a solution.

jose38
Visitor
2 0 1

you're genius bro!!

DevPareek
Visitor
2 0 1

I don't want to download an app or pay extra or write macros for a basic function that should be present out of the box... I too am irritated by how Shopify deals with URLs. I have used a lot of software, e-commerce platforms and this is the only one that does this stupid thing.

I feel like writing a blog just to explain the frustrating behaviour Shopify does and I had reported this issue to Shopify years back but no fix till now.

If someone has created a VBA macro code to solve this then please share it with the community lets not be exploited.