Express checkout isn't available right now

ModeStbelle
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi i have linked paypal to my store and have even opted for apple pay but still the checkout page shows a message under express checkout that 

"Express checkout isn't available right now. Try refreshing the page or fill out your information to check out."

can someone guide about what to do to get rid of this message and make express checkout available 

Replies 11 (11)

edfrenchartshop
Tourist
3 0 1

Yep same here and it's not the first problem I've come across I thought these themes were all good to go!

lovica
Explorer
71 11 17

I'm finding the same problem. On my Payment Page. I get this message. . . 
Express checkout isn't available right now. Try refreshing the page or fill out your information to check out.
I've tried both and I keep getting the same message. How can I fix this please?

edfrenchartshop
Tourist
3 0 1

Is your shop live? As mentioned above I had the same issue and when I put my site live the express checkout worked.

I take it you have certain payment providers ticked in the checkout settings?

govindsgills88
Visitor
1 0 0

hi I'm facing same problem can you guide me what I do 

sayambafna
Tourist
10 0 1

Did you find a solution? I am facing the same problem

mehdi_elb
9 0 0

Hi Bro, Did you find a solution ? 

freemysoul
Tourist
5 0 1

I FOUND A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM, FINALLY.

So after adding paypal and Klarna pay merchants, I discovered my express checkout options on my checkout page had dissapered.

My solution was simple:

1. Shopify Admin

2. Customise Theme

3. Select Product pages from the dropdown menu

4. Select Product pages tab that is now found in the options within the Product pages. 

5. Select THEME SETTINGS that is fixed at the bottom of the page. WARNING, if you did not select Product pages twice, once from the drop down and once again from the tab lower down, you will not see the THEME SETTINGS fixed to the bottom of the page.

5. Scroll down to "Show dynamic checkout buttons" which will probably be selected.

Uncheck this option. Click Save. Re-check this option again to activate the Express checkout options. Click Save.

6. Refresh you www.store-name.com site, add a product to the cart and proceed to checkout and SMILE, as your problem should now be fixed.

Hopefully as mine was;-)))

freemysoul
Tourist
5 0 1

Ok so I just went and tested the Express checkout again and it failed me with the same problem. 

Back to the drawing board.

newhere2021
Visitor
1 0 0

okay so I am getting this problem too.. but on my customers end when they try to checkout after I send their invoices! Has anyone fixed this issue?

Adam115
Visitor
1 0 0

I tried everything and it still hasn't worked, if anyone has a solution to this issue please post it.

Fionanana
Visitor
1 0 0

Hi,I tried your solution and it worked !!!