Extend 14 day free trial to 90 Free day trial

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
266 25 36

Hi, @Gilard !

Thanks for reaching out about this.

In March, we introduced the 90 day free trials as a temporary relief effort to help businesses get online during the COVID-19 pandemic. As of June 1, this offer is ending and we’re returning to our standard 14-day free trial. 

If the 14 days are not enough for you to set up your store, you can always pause your store while you are still working on it. This is known as the dormant plan and it costs $9 USD every 30 days. It allows customers to view the live website all while you access the admin section to keep up the work on your store. It will also disable the checkout so customers cannot purchase from you just to make sure you do not have to process any orders while you are still developing the store.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

Rose | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello

I just went to register a new store, but the trial period is showing back to 14 days?

Is this the case?

Thanks

Regards

steve

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

It's ended yesterday, June 1st. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey, thanks for the reply!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
266 25 36

Hi, @Tinmansteve !

@TheEssential is correct, as of June 1, this offer has ended and we’ve returned to our standard 14-day free trial. If the 14 days are not enough for the trial, we can extend that by a smaller amount like 10 days. There are also affiliates who offer discounts such as this one that offers a 21 day trial + 10% off subscription fees.

I hope this helps.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1
Rose you are the best. Thanks for great service.
1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Rose, 

You mentioned that "If the 14 days are not enough for the trial, we can extend that by a smaller amount like 10 days". This is the first time I have made a Shopify store and my progression in developing the store has been severely affected by the coronavirus. I was wondering if you could please help me extend my subscription by 10 days (my first payment is due on the 4th of July in 2 days). Thanks for your response in advance!

Diego

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
266 25 36

Hi, @DDarocas !

Thanks for reaching out about this. I do apologize for the delay in my response.

I'd be happy to look into this for you. Would you be able to send me your store URL so I may take a deeper look into your account?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

I am having the same problem as everyone else. It was supposed to be 90 days but it is showing 13 days

could you please fix it?

my shop is https://tiktak-tech.myshopify.com/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
266 25 36

Hi, @tiktak-tech !

In fact, the 90 day free trial period was a temporary relief effort for our merchants setting up their online business at the beginning of the Covid-19 pandemic back in March. As of June 1st, 2020, this offer has ended and we have reverted back to our 14 day free trial period. Now that it has been internally marked as expired, our systems would not allow me to add the 90 days for you manually.

With that said, I can help answer any questions you may have about setting up your store. This should hopefully speed up your set-up time. I am also able to extend trials for an additional 10 days so please let me know if that time would be helpful.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Cheers!

0 Likes