FACEBOOK SALES CHANNEL NOT WORKING

petelongden
Tourist
5 0 1

I have two sites with Shopify and on the one just launched the shop does not work at all and no products are synced.

The shop page simply shows this line of text - Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify

What is happening with this bug???? This is now coming up to the busiest weeks of the year and it is imperative that I can sell on Facebook

I need help ASAP - and yes I have uninstalled and re-installed business integrations, I have deleted and re-installed the Facebook Channel and I have also made triple sure my FB page is set to the shopping template.

There must be a fix for this as it seems so many people are having the same issue 

Pete

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 53 79

Hey there, @petelongden!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with the Facebook Shop App - I know that it can be finicky at times but I'd be happy to see what I can do to assist.

There are potentially a few Facebook Settings that may need to be configured before it will work. We can go through them together to see if this resolves your issue:

• Firstly, the Facebook Shop app can take up to 48 hours for the review to be completed. Considering you posted two days ago, I'll assume that it's already passed that time frame since you've last connected.
  • You'll want to double check that your Facebook template is set to "Shopping" - if it is set to anything else, it will not work. You can do this by going to your Facebook Business Page of which you're the administrator for > Settings in the top right corner > Templates and tabs in the lefthand menu. If the Template section says anything other than "Shopping" you'll need to click Edit > View details on Shopping > Apply template. It should look like this:

11-26-rqhem-o2wjs

• If that's looking good, you'll then want to confirm that the Shop tab is enabled. On the same page you can click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.  The Shop tab should then be visible on your Facebook Business Page. This is how it'll look like in the Settings:

11-33-x2ead-12ig8

• Then we're going to want to make sure that the Facebook Page is Published on Facebooks end - connection in the Admin doesn't necessarily mean that it's published. You can do that by clicking General in the lefthand menu and selecting Page Visibility. If it's set to "Page published", you're golden! Otherwise, click Edit and changed the setting to "Page published".
  • Lower on the same page, ensure that there aren't any Country Restrictions or Age Restrictions, as this will prevent our systems from syncing. Your Facebook Page needs to be visible to everyone.

After all these settings have been configured, you'll want to re-synchronize the collections on your Facebook Sales Channels. You can do this in the Bulk Editor or individual product pages. If after making sure everything is setup correctly and re-syncing your collections you're still experiencing the same issue - let me know! I'd be happy to move our conversation over to email where I can take a deeper look at the issue and escalate it to our Technical Support Team if necessary.

I hope this helps! Please let me know if there's anything I can clarify, and keep me updated on the progress.

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

petelongden
Tourist
5 0 1

Hi Ryder

Everything is set up correctly on both ends. When I click my shop on the Facebook end I get an empty product page with this text : Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify

That is it - my other store is working perfectly and all items are in my Facebook shop - I just cant understand why this isn't working as I have seen a number of other users with the same issues.

Pete

0 Likes
Ryder
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
427 53 79

Hey @petelongden!

Thanks for updating me. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to the email address associated to your Community Forums account, if you can reply to that email from the email address associated to your store I'll be able to authenticate you and see what we can do to help. If you use a separate email address for your store, you'll just need to CC the correct one and respond through there. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

Cheers.

Ryder A. | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
zoszka
1 0 0

Hi Ryder!

I have exactly the same problem... My Shopify is connected to my page on Facebook, the catalogues too (according to admin account), but no products in my Facebook shop... Could you please help me?

Thanks in advance!

Zosia

0 Likes
trishtilberg
1 0 0

Hello there,

I am experiencing this same problem - - I went through all of the steps that Ryder explained on the previous thread, and it still says to go to Shopify Home and then it's it's a dead end from there.  What is the solution to sync your Shopify Products to Facebook?

Thanks,

Trish

0 Likes
nadine84
2 0 0

i am going crazy too!!!! since days i am trying and trying the same and nothing happens!!!! all was reall good in my shopify until i wanted to put the facebook sales channel. i prepared a facebook page and i connected it with shopify. all my products/categories were shown in the facebook shop etc. than i wanted to connect the page with the instagram channel and than boooooom?!?!??! the facebook page was not possible to connect with instagram and i tried it lots oftimes. ok,soi did a new page that finally is connected with facebook BUT my products are not shown on the facaebook page.only two products, no categories, nada! and i dont know why. i went through all the setting etc over and over again. it's just crab!

0 Likes
ChrisAlmighty
1 0 0

How did this resolve for you? I've been caught in the same loop and tech support from Shopify was pretty much useless and just sent me to facebook help. Very frustrating. I just have the Manage your collections on Shopify. when I click on the shop in FB. I'd be grateful for any insights you may have learned. Thank you

0 Likes
petalandstem
1 0 0

Has anybody received an answer on this? I am having the same issue. Thanks!

0 Likes