FB Custom conversion for a specific product

Highlighted
1 0 0

I need to create  a custom conversion to track and optimize purchases event for just one of my products in Facebook. To do that I need to input the URL of the thank you page. Which one is it?

Or does anybody know another method to create a custom conversion for a specific product?

Thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
170 0 19

Hi Monika!

Kerstin here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

You can use the same standart 'Purchase' event for each product as long as you only advertise one product per campaign. The standard event will then only report back conversions that happened as a result of your single product ad. 

If you're aiming to create Custom Conversions independently of your ads, as in this facebook guide, you can enter the Product URL for tracking. We have more info on how to set this up in our Blog post here.

Basically, in your facebook Business Manager you would create a Custom Conversion:

Then add the rules where you can input your product URL like this:

I hope this helps. You can respond directly on this thread, or via email for any clarification!

All the best,

Kerstin | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello. Would that only track the actual traffic to the product page and not the actual purchase?

I'm looking to set a facebook custom conversion event to track an ad we want to use for a specific product in our store. We would need to be able to track the actual specific purchase of that product, not the traffic to the product page. This way we can attribute a value to the facebook event code and get accurate measurements on our Facebook.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you!

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 1

Any solution to this? We'd love to have a way to track a group or type of products like collection or maybe tag or product type on the purchase event. That way we can create optimize the fb campaigns for that goal rather than just a generic pruchase or an arbitrary single product id.

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hey,

I have the same problem.....

I am using the custom conversion for my specific product category. And my custom conversion pixel is triggering with View Content and Add to cart but its not triggering with the Initiate Checkout. 

While creating custom conversion I am using the URL Contain Rule.

Please help me out if you have any solution to this problem ?

Thanks,

Karan

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

I've been trying to resolve this issue too. The only real way I've found to do this properly is to use one of the pixel shopify apps, that allow you to have different pixels for different product categories.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Karan,

can you tell me how you created the custom conversion on the AddToCart for a specific product? (And for InitiateCheckout and Purchase for that matter, if you found a way by now... ;-)  )

I did not find any unique URL component or other way to do this... Product IDs did not work either. Only my View Content is firing.

Would really appreciate you input! Thanks!!

Bernd

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 6

@Kerstin_K_ wrote:

Hi Monika!

Kerstin here from the Shopify Guru Team :)

You can use the same standart 'Purchase' event for each product as long as you only advertise one product per campaign. The standard event will then only report back conversions that happened as a result of your single product ad. 

If you're aiming to create Custom Conversions independently of your ads, as in this facebook guide, you can enter the Product URL for tracking. We have more info on how to set this up in our Blog post here.

Basically, in your facebook Business Manager you would create a Custom Conversion:

Then add the rules where you can input your product URL like this:

I hope this helps. You can respond directly on this thread, or via email for any clarification!

All the best,

Kerstin | Shopify Guru
support@shopify.com

@Kerstin_K_ any help on the actual question?

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

Any solution to this?

0 Likes