Why isn't my Shopify store visible on Facebook after reconnection?

SynneLuna
Visitor
2 0 3

I was having an issue with my items showing up in my FB shop. So my idea was to disconnect it and reconnect it. 

Now I get this with no further explantion.

"After a requested review of this commerce account, we confirmed that it doesn't comply with our Commerce Eligibility Requirements, so your shop isn't visible to potential customers."

Can anyone help me resolve this? My shop was fine before I deleted it.

Replies 56 (56)

JohnWion
Visitor
1 0 1

This is a Shopify feed issue, it's been know for at least a year but they still haven't fixed the issue. You'll likely notice on the Facebook side its not communicating properly which will lead to indefinite Commerce account suspension. I was able to link it to Shopify after the same issue arouse from Google Merchant except they will allow you to fix the issue, Facebook not so much because the automated system is what is flagging you and doesn't exactly notify the support staff on their end, during my talks with Facebook support they aren't seeing my account as suspended but note there is a feed issue but on my end it shows as suspended. I wish I could give you the answer but it comes down to Shopify has to fix it on their end, I would reach out directly to them instead of community.

Plantonic
Visitor
1 0 0

HI, I am having the exact same issue with same error message. Can you please tell me how did you contact Facebook support team because I have been trying to find a way to contact them but no luck, only finding articles and FAQs, not real support team. Please advise and help!

jventura
Visitor
2 0 4

Hi @SynneLuna. Having the same issue. Were you able to solve it?

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

Same here, anyone able to solve this?

Leslie_G
Tourist
9 0 2

Same Problem, did someone solve the issue?
Would appreciate an answer.

SideHustleBizCh
Tourist
4 0 3

Having the same issue!

onlythebasics
Visitor
2 0 13

I've also been having this issue for several weeks now. I've even deleted & reinstalled the Facebook channel from my Shop and unlinked then relinked Shopify to my accounts, neither of which have yieled any results.

Even after I followed the steps listed below, I requested a review from Facebook

commerce-account-issue.PNG

I received a message that they've reviewed and confirmed it doesn't comply, but with no additional information or even next steps.

commerce-account-issue-2.PNG

I'm thoroughly confused by this because I simply have an apparel brand I'm dropshipping through Shopify, nothing controversial at all. If anyone has encountered this issue and found a solution PLEASE let me know. At this point I am not able to run conversion ads, which my business depends on.

Qubios
Tourist
4 0 3

I am having the exact same problem, I would like to have Shopify's input for this

megse3
Tourist
3 0 3

As of today January 30th 2021 it seems the issue hasn't been resolved.

If this is a truly Shopify communication issue (as suggested by the first respondent) does anyone know who (within Shopify even though they are FB) I can contact to bring this to their attention?

I am already dissatisfied with Shopify with their repeated 'Server Error' messages on a daily basis while I manage my site causing me to loose information and valuable time. 

I am considering just deleting my FB business account and stick with just having a website...to many road blocks...to much censorship. 

Thanks guys and I wish us all luck in resolving this.

Dalton_P
Tourist
4 0 10

I've also been having an issue with this. It's SO frustrating.

When I try to publish a shop on FB Commerce Manager, it keeps saying, "After a requested review of this commerce account, we confirmed that it doesn't comply with our Commerce eligibility requirements, so your shop isn't visible to potential customer".

Getting in touch with Facebook is proving to be useless as well. I feel like I just keep going around in circles!!

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

<meta charset="UTF-8" />

Seriously does ANYONE have a solution to this issue? It seems like the only option is to keep going around in circles with fb. Has anyone been able to contact shopify about this?

megse3
Tourist
3 0 3

I've just given up. Hoping this isn't political. 

onlythebasics
Visitor
2 0 13

I spent about an hour yesterday chatting with a rep (or maybe a bot) trying to resolve this issue. This was actually my 4th go with help through live chat and it has proven to be unsuccessful each time.

Each time I've provided several screenshots of my Account Quality in Business Manager, they always tell me that since my appeal was rejected there is no process for them to escalate the issue further and I simply have to wait until another opportunity to appeal becomes available. They also mentioned there is no manual process for this. None of them have been able to provide insight as to what caused the violation, why the rejection was upheld, nor any next steps.

This entire process has been crazy to say the least.

Terds
Visitor
2 0 1

Mine started when my products would not update in FB shop. So by recommendation... delete this, delete that, re-add it all. That's when the same thing happened to me. I read and read and read sounds like no solution. I've yet to try and get in touch with FB or Shopify because it doesn't sound fruitful at all. I can't believe a mod doesn't comment or direct these complaints for answers. So many people on different threads from 1-2 years ago complaining with no solutions. Sounds endless. Maybe some coding is conflicting. I've looked I don't see it but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. Sounds as though this works for a brand new shopify page and new FB page then fails later. That leads me to a coding conflict somewhere. It is probably stupid simple solution in shopify api's. 

nominate
Tourist
4 0 9

Literally having the same issue, I don't even know where to go.  I just went on the Facebook homepage "Help & Support" and report a problem. I have a feeling I will never get an answer-back and will only go through as feedback. I think the only option to this is to restart the Facebook ad account which is ridiculous. I don't know why they haven't done anything about this. 

romanrsr
Visitor
2 0 1

Dear, good morning!
I am just starting with my store and I also find this error. Is there any way to advertise on Facebook without having this approved? Thank you so much!

Dalton_P
Tourist
4 0 10

I'm paying more than US$2,000 a month for Shopify Plus and getting sick of their lack of support. As above, 4 times on chat with Facebook support and 3 months later all I get is that I am breaching Facebook policy. Shopify tells me to contact Facebook because it's their problem. I don't think so, considering the number of comments on this forum.

The Links in Shopify are outdated when you try to open a new Facebook shop. After you open the link, it tells you to delete the shop.

It's definitely an issue between Shopify and Facebook.

rank234
Excursionist
20 0 18

Hey Dalton I tried contacting shopify support and they said they'd follow up with me but since I'm just a measly small volume subscriber it didn't sound like they would put too much effort into looking into it.  Have you tried pushing them to do something about this?  Maybe being a bigger volume seller you might be able get them to do something which would help all of us out here and there's a lot of us it looks like.  ALL we're asking them to do here is to contact Facebook about figure out what's going on, and then take a look at their own systems.  That should take like 1 phone call if they gave a shit

Terds
Visitor
2 0 1

I do advertise with my merchant account on FB even though the shop is disabled.

nominate
Tourist
4 0 9
Just so we're clear is this the issue everyone is having ? https://i.postimg.cc/DwDVWvVg/ow.png
[https://i.postimg.cc/DwDVWvVg/ow.png]

Qubios
Tourist
4 0 3

Yes, this is the same issue I am having 

TheLegacyFlask
Visitor
1 0 1

Yes, that is correct. I have been going back and forth between facebook and google dealing with multiple issues over and over and over again. No explanation, no appeal options, no contact information, nothing. It just says that we are not visible and therefore can not sell on its platform. This would have been helpful one website and a thousand business cards ago. Will update if solution ever comes.

Sevenrice
Tourist
7 0 6

I am having the same issue, however today I really sat down and read through all the links. Something that really stuck out to me was Domain Verification I will admit that I have not done this prior to today. Basically it seems you have to do this domain verification so that Facebook truly knows that your store domain is owned by you.

Has anyone else done this? 

Also like others I have spent about 100k in marketing with my Business Manager account and there is no issue with my ads for another business.

Qubios
Tourist
4 0 3

You are referring to domain verification. Is there more explanation on how to do that ?

Sevenrice
Tourist
7 0 6

Here is a link to where to add your domains and the add button will tell you what you need to do

https://business.facebook.com/settings/owned-domains/?

maurotalero
Visitor
1 0 1

Same issue here. I did verify my domain and it didn't solve anything. So frustrating! I've been struggling for two days. I have my store ready to launch and I might have to do it without FB/IG channel. Where's shopify response to this issue?

nominate
Tourist
4 0 9
Yeah it’s a glitch in the system there’s no way pass it ,I tried for 2 weeks until i gave up . I have mine working now but I had to unlink everything & use a different Fb account , redo a fb page , pretty much delete everything and restart.
deenation
Tourist
4 0 2

Would you mind sharing how you unlinked everything? I want to remove the shop completely but keep my FB page.

sapphire86
Tourist
12 0 2

Hi , I want to do this too. Did you find a way??

Dalton_P
Tourist
4 0 10
Sorry, no outcome as yet. Still hitting the same problem with no response
from FB. FB is happy to take my money for paid ads, but will not allow me
to open a shop.
brs36
Visitor
1 0 0

did you use a different facebook account to set up the page would you mind providing the steps you took to get around this. would really appreciate your help

Megantaur
Tourist
4 0 1

What a load of Bull! Glad to know this before I spend a lot of money on fb ads. They suck 

PolkadotPolish
Tourist
8 0 4

I think I figured this out, and it's SO convoluted. Facebook Business Account. ID Verification. Business Verification. Domain Verification. Ad Account. Payment method. Everything has to be setup exact and perfect and verified before Facebook will approve anything. Shopify appears to be linking through the Facebook Commerce Manager, but Facebook Commerce Manager uses settings that are configured in Facebook Business Suite which pulls some information from Facebook Ads Manager. This is why SEO and Marketing companies can charge a bunch of money. I'm still not done setting up and I'm still not approved, but I'm following the steps, which are not linear, and repeating other steps because information needs to be duplicated in a number of places.

The first thing I noticed was that the user/account that Shopify created didn't have permissions to do anything on my FB business assets, primarily because nothing about the business was setup on the Facebook side other than my page. I failed validation in part because of that. I added my business info and website, changed permissions for the Shopify account to the assets, and went through the domain validation process Facebook listed in their help section. There's a couple of ways you could do this, but I chose the TXT DNS entry. If you're not IT savvy, you'll need an expert.

Don't give up, just be persistent. Begging Facebook to fix something you should have done yourself in the first place will get you nowhere. RTFM. It's painful, but helpful.

Here's a few links that will help:

Facebook Business Settings

Facebook Ads Manager

Facebook Business Suite

Facebook Domain Verification

Add your business info in Facebook Business Suite

Facebook's Business Setup Guide (rough, but might point you in the right direction) 

Business Suite Payment Methods (CRITICAL FOR RUNNING ADS) 

Ads Manager Payment Methods (EQUALLY CRITICAL) 

Tanner2
Visitor
1 0 0

@PolkadotPolish thanks for the details. Just to confirm what you are saying here:

You have been able to solve the issue following the non-linear steps you explained here?

PolkadotPolish
Tourist
8 0 4

@Tanner2 it looks like it. I can see my products now.

But now I have a new issue. It seems to have brought over at least one product that is out of stock.

onimax
Visitor
2 0 0

This is a good insights. You're just missing 1 thing to get your shop approved.

Facebook Business Settings

Facebook Ads Manager

Facebook Business Suite

Facebook Domain Verification

Add your business info in Facebook Business Suite

Facebook's Business Setup Guide (rough, but might point you in the right direction) 

Business Suite Payment Methods (CRITICAL FOR RUNNING ADS) 

Ads Manager Payment Methods (EQUALLY CRITICAL) 

I have the same issues with you guys. I have created many fb pages to figure out what I have not complied and all of this pages got rejected.
Until I have talked with FB customer support and found out 1 important thing. 

You have to check if your page is Eligible for Monetization.
I have a page that has complied on all the requirements above and is eligible for monetization and I applied for commerce and Finally got APPROVED!

This is one of Facebook standards to get your shop approved. If your page is new (less than 30 days and don't have any organic post/engagement) then there's no chance for your shop to get approve. 
You have to manage and build your page to gain the criteria they needed (followers likes, engagements, live). You can check your page if it is eligible using Facebook Creator tools. 

onimax_0-1627373592353.png

If you have complied all things above and checked your page eligibility for monetization, then your chance for your Shop to get approve is definitely positive.

Hope this insight helps Good luck! 🙂

luminaryglow
Visitor
1 0 2

These are screenshots from chatting with Facebook Business Support. Apparently your page size determines if you can get your commerce account set up/approved

BrightPearl
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Is it essential to input the business details and payment method?

mia94
Visitor
2 0 1
Yes it is.
BrightPearl
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

I uploaded all information on facebook setting. Also, trying to pass the business verification.

Business Verification Status is Unverified yet.

Is it essential to complete the progress?

Also, can you please let me now the next step?

Maybe payment method? I think facebook account was hanged on facebook for membership.

Best.

BrightPearl
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

Hi, there.

We submitted the document to facebook, but it was not verified.

Document Type for Phone Number Not Accepted
The document submitted to verify the business phone number (310) 406-8576 isn't an accepted type.
To correct this:
Choose an accepted type of document ( see examples ) that proves the business and phone number are associated — Make sure it shows both the business' legal name AND phone number.
Return to business verification and enter the information exactly as it appears on your document.
Upload the new supporting document.

How can I solve the phone accept issue?

Thanks.

BrightPearl
Shopify Partner
9 0 1

I already passed the domain verification in a few days ago, but commerce manager account does not allowed yet.

nominate
Tourist
4 0 9

I'm not sure, the person above say's it's possible but I'm literally deleting everything and restarting.

Qubios
Tourist
4 0 3

Please let us know how it goes.
I have just finished a hat with a Facebook representative and he basically said that Sometime in the future we will have the possibility to request a review.
However, no one know what sometime in the future means.

Luffy35
Visitor
1 0 0

It may be an issue of lacking the Facebook required fields from the shopify product feed

kezz
Visitor
1 0 1

Yes. Exactly the same here.

Word is the problem is on shopify's end. Wish they would fix it.

Alivadesignsinc
Visitor
1 0 0

@onlythebasics I am having the exact same issue PLEASE SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO FIX THIS. 😭😭😭

Have you had any answer?? I can't even delete my shop to start over! im at such a loss!

spoiledbratuk
Pathfinder
318 0 26

Ive been using FB/Instagram fshop for years with no issue

However on saturday my items started to vanish from instagram, I went to shopify & my facebook app needed to be updated, so I did this, and then everything went wonky! Shopify told me to delete facebook & re-add it and all of a sudden facebook have banned me and told me

Shop can't be published
After reviewing your commerce account, we found that it doesn't comply with our commerce eligibility requirements, so your shop isn't visible to potential customers. If you believe that your shop should be published, you can see details and request a review in Account Quality.

How??? How can this happen. Shopify knows nothing & facebook just send me automated BOT replies! 

larisadanutiu
Visitor
1 0 1

Today I have the same problem here,

Shop can't be published
After reviewing your commerce account, we found that it doesn't comply with our commerce eligibility requirements, so your shop isn't visible to potential customers. If you believe that your shop should be published, you can see details and request a review in Account Quality.

I tried to restart the connection because something was not going good and surprise. What should we do now???