FBA Fulfillment Failure. How do I set the orders to be fulfilled automatically?

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi there!

I created my online store with Shopify a couple moths ago. All of my products are fulfilled by 2 different fulfillment centers: ShipMonk and Fulfillment by Amazon. The integration worked OK when I ran test orders about a month ago. A few days ago (on Saturday, 7th) I received my first order that was supposed to be fulfilled by FBA automatically. The customer opted for expedited shipping and the payment went through. However, the order has not been fulfilled automatically so I had to request fulfillment manually. Also, there was another order which was supposed to be fulfilled by Amazon and it was not. It was another product with a Standard shipping. This customer upgraded his order by purchasing an extended warranty for his product (it is not a physical product and linked to another fulfillment center - ShipMonk, where it is blacklisted to prevent fulfillment errors). I had to request fulfillment for this order as well.

Is there a way to make the fulfillment process fully automated or this is how it is supposed to be? Maybe there is something I am doing wrong?

Thank you so much for your help and I am looking forward to hearing back from you soon!

Warm regards,
Sara

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
885 72 208

Check the order timeline to see if there are any clues why it didn't fulfill. If there is no failed request mention, then maybe you don't have auto fulfillment of Shopify orders turned on anymore?

Assuming you have the amazon fulfillment channel and all orders set by Shopify to auto fulfill, then just make sure the SKU is exactly the same as Amazon and the product has fulfillment channel set to Amazon Marketplace Web.

If you need to turn off "auto fulfill all orders" in Shopify, then the solution I use is Order Automator app to automatically fulfill just Amazon line items (or other line items if you want, using custom rules). My team and I built this app, so if you have any questions or need customizations feel free to reach out.

Here's the full method I use: https://speedboostr.com/automate-order-fulfillment-on-shopify/

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi! Thank you so much for your reply.

The auto fulfillment on Shopify is on and all the products have the same SKU as the products on Amazon. The was no error indication in any orders, but starting from Monday all the Amazon orders are not auto fulfilled. I have to manually press "Request Fulfillment" button each time there is a new order. For now it is not a big deal because I just started to sell online but when there will be a lot more orders this might become an issue. 

Should I contact Amazon team instead? Please help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Expert
885 72 208

I don't think Amazon will be much help there.

Couple more things you can check:

- Shipping method is an Amazon approved method (for example, "Standard Shipping").

- Your Shopify / Amazon FBA fulfillment service is set up and the order ship address is for the marketplace you connected.

That article I shared has the details on those plus all the areas you can check to make sure fulfillment is happening with that FBA fulfillment service.

Founder of Speed Boostr (Shopify optimization and dev agency).
Creator of Theme Scientist (A/B testing app).
Creator of Order Automator (app that auto tags + fulfills orders, send emails).
Creator of Tip Jar (add a tip button to your store).
Creator of Shopify Analyzer (first performance analysis tool specifically for Shopify sites).
My team also builds custom apps and automated solutions.
Enjoy the adventure!
0 Likes