FRAUD FROM MEDICA

Highlighted
3 0 0

Has anybody experienced a fraud from Medica (e-medica.it) ? Their site is unavailable and they don't answer to emails...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 7

Hi @AB12 , that site is currently down. It sounds like you purchased something from that store but didn't receive it? If so you'll want to call your bank and let them know you suspect you've been defrauded. They'll help you open a case and refund you.

Verdict App - You shouldn't have to think about fraud on your Shopify store.
Ask me about
0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi dylanpierce. Thank you for your advise which I will do it, however I would like to know what is SHOPIFY policy on allowing people to use their platform to fraud people. I was expecting to see/read  some SHOPIFY 's kind of refund policy for those people being defrauded through their channel...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 7

It's frustrating, but the closest action I can find you can take is reporting a violation of their Terms of Service here:

https://www.shopify.com/legal/report-aup-violation

Or reaching out to their support directly: https://help.shopify.com/en/questions#/contact

This forum is more for partners & merchants of Shopify, there's not a lot of end customer support here. I hope this helps, and I hope you get refunded. Since the shop was taken down, it could be that another customer has already reported the store.

Ask me about
1 Like
Highlighted
3 0 0

very frustrating..... it sounds to me that SHOPIFY helps people to fraud others if it doesn't run some kind of control on those who opens a store on its platform.... I don't think is fair.............

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
30 0 7

I agree, there needs to be due diligence on Shopify's part to ensure they're allowing trustworthy merchants onto the platform.

There might be existing controls, but I'm not sure what they are. A Shopify rep may answer to this thread, but reporting the store & contact support will hopefully lead to some more clear answers.

Ask me about
0 Likes