Solved

How can I reconnect my Facebook Shop to my sales channel?

JillJones
Excursionist
22 0 3

I got this notice on the front of my Shopify home page: Facebook Shop is not connected. Connect your account to use this sales channel.

I tried to reconnect but I get a message saying to exit the permissions. I can't figure out what they're talking about.

I the FB/IG channel even a thing now since they can check out directly on those platforms?

Thanks,

Jill

Accepted Solution (1)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JillJones !

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you've been notified that your Facebook account has been disconnected from the Facebook shop app. Unfortunately, the Facebook shop app was delisted back in May so it's not actually possible to reconnect the account any longer. The permissions are no longer valid to setup new accounts in the Facebook shop app which is consistent with what you're experiencing.

Instead, I'd recommend installing the new Facebook channel instead of the Facebook shop app. I've listed the full steps to set up the channel below, as well as more information here

1. From your Shopify admin, click the + beside the Sales channels heading.
  2. Select the Facebook channel.
  3. Click Add channel, then Install app.
  4. Click either Connect Facebook account or Sign up for Facebook.
  5. After a Facebook account has been connected, confirm the Facebook account you are connecting with and continue, or click Log in to another account.
  6. Set up Instagram Shopping, Facebook Shop, or Facebook Marketing to activate the Facebook channel.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or if you need any help! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 9 (9)

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @JillJones !

Thanks for your question. It sounds like you've been notified that your Facebook account has been disconnected from the Facebook shop app. Unfortunately, the Facebook shop app was delisted back in May so it's not actually possible to reconnect the account any longer. The permissions are no longer valid to setup new accounts in the Facebook shop app which is consistent with what you're experiencing.

Instead, I'd recommend installing the new Facebook channel instead of the Facebook shop app. I've listed the full steps to set up the channel below, as well as more information here

1. From your Shopify admin, click the + beside the Sales channels heading.
  2. Select the Facebook channel.
  3. Click Add channel, then Install app.
  4. Click either Connect Facebook account or Sign up for Facebook.
  5. After a Facebook account has been connected, confirm the Facebook account you are connecting with and continue, or click Log in to another account.
  6. Set up Instagram Shopping, Facebook Shop, or Facebook Marketing to activate the Facebook channel.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further questions or if you need any help! 

JillJones
Excursionist
22 0 3

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your help! I have come to a screen I'm not sure I understand. I want to  make sure I don't disconnect something I shouldn't. Do I want to enable 

these options? Am I even on the right track? Also do I want to replace The Commerce Account connected to your Facebook business. This a Facebook requirement.

setting up FBsetting up FB

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, @JillJones !

Great question, but it's totally up to you! The Data sharing settings in your Facebook channel let you choose how customer data and browsing behaviour is collected in your online store. Data sharing tools, such as the Facebook pixel and the Facebook Conversions API, let you track orders and other events, which can help you analyze your store traffic and improve ad targeting through dynamic ads.

Data sharing is a choice. While customer data improves campaign performance and sales tracking, not everyone wants their data shared. It's important to tell your customers how you share data, and to decide what type of data, or how much data, you want to share. Make sure that your privacy policy is up to date to provide this information to your customers.

Hope this helps shed some light on this so you can make a decision that works best for your business!

AlanG
Visitor
1 0 1

Hi Oliver,

Your reply to Jill is really useful - I have the same problem. But I am really alarmed by the requirement to give all my customer data to Facebook - including their phone number, physical address and "browsing behaviour" etc. 

My customers have never given me permission to share this private information with Mr Zuckerberg and all his advertisers. 

So how can I possibly agree to this requirement?  It strikes me as sneaky, secretive and unethical.

Can I connect to the new Facebook channel without secretly agreeing to give away all my customers' private information?

Thanks,

Alan.

PapillonBleu
Visitor
1 0 1

Hello There, 

I am currently having issues completing my Shopify with the Facebook & Instagram Integration, similar issues with the above clients. I continuously have the notice on not complying with Facebook's Eligibility Requirements, although I have made all changes to the content to avoid such commerce policy issues. Will this notice appear if my Instagram account connected with my Facebook page has not been reflected with the same eligibility requirements? Inquiries have been made to Facebook as well but no replies yet. At your convenience, please inform if perhaps I have missed something on the setup.

Thank you!

kwear44
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Oliver.  I look to be having the same challenges that Jill had.  I have already configured the new Facebook Channel and it shows that it set up right but we cannot tag anything on Facebook.  My question is do I have to delete the Facebook Shop channel to get the new Facebook Channel to work? 

Thank you,

Kevin

Oliver
Shopify Staff (Retired)
429 48 106

Hi, Kevin @kwear44 !

I'd be happy to help look into this with you. Would you mind posting a screenshot of what you're seeing (blurring any information you'd like to hide) or copying and pasting any error messages you're receiving when trying to tag.

All the best!

Jen_Kidd
Excursionist
28 0 15

Hi Oliver,

I am also having the same issues. I’m worried that if I cancel the FB Shop I won’t be able to use my pixel, as the warning in my screenshot says! This is so confusing, especially to those of us who aren’t necessarily “techy” people! 
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance, and Happy New Year! 🙂 

799E53CD-08E9-4FDA-9AF6-E4E52EC934C9.png

nat_clt
Visitor
1 0 1

I would recommend to you to put the pixel code in code website or app.

Hey Jen did you solve your trouble with website domain blocking? 

Can you reach me please if you don;t mind, we can exchange by our expirience. Just text me through my website promaxdiscount.store  already blocked on FB two days ago (((