Facebook Channel / Data Feed Question

MikeGrindley
4 0 0

Hello. I'm hoping someone on here can help me out. I have installed the Facebook Channel app on our store and have it connected with Facebook, and that seems to be working fine.

However, does anyone know of an app or another way that we can edit the photo and description of the products without having to make the edits in Shopify?

The description on our store is way more content than we want on Facebook, and the feed is pulling in some of the code used for formatting the product page. So the description on FB is a mess, but it's fine in Shopify.

I'm really hoping we don't have to upload and manage the products to FB manually...

Thanks in advance for any advice!

0 Likes
Ashleigh_F
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hi Mike,

Have you heard about ShoppingFeeder? It integrates with many different channels and platforms for you - so all you need to focus on is your store.

You can find out more about this here: ShoppingFeeder

0 Likes
MikeGrindley
4 0 0

Hi Ashleigh,

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. Does this app allow you to modify the description outside of Shopify (after imported) or pull in the SEO description?

Thanks!

Mike

0 Likes
Ashleigh_F
Shopify Partner
8 0 0

Hi Mike,

It's a pleasure!

Yes, ShoppingFeeder allows you to change the description outside of Shopify through its Attribute Mapping process. You are also able to change the description as you wish without affecting your Shopify listings at all. 

You can find out more here: About ShoppingFeeder

Thanks

0 Likes