Facebook DNS Verification

MarkSanity
1 0 0

Hello, i bought my domain from Shopify and I wanted to verify my domain on facebook. It says to go to DNS setting but unfortunaltey IWent to damainWent to damainclicked on manage on bottom right hand cornerclicked on manage on bottom right hand cornerthis is the screen that pops up. No place to enter the informationthis is the screen that pops up. No place to enter the information dont have that option. It does not let me select my domain whatsoever.. So I select the manage to the right of the Shopify hosted domain, but the next screen doesnt give me any options.

0 Likes
Olivia
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
527 47 107

Hi, @MarkSanity!

Welcome to Shopify Community. My name is Olivia and I work here.

Thanks for connecting with us and sharing your question. Based on your screenshot, it appears that you purchased your domain from Google Domains and not Shopify. Since only custom domains can be verified, you're unable to access DNS settings for your default myshopify.com URL. 

To be extra sure, I checked the public registration status for your custom domain and we can confirm it was purchased through Google Domains:

23-48-nq0jn-w1n87

Therefore, to access DNS settings of your custom domain, you will need to head over to the Google Domains platform. I also found this Google support article on accessing DNS settings that I trust you will find helpful.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes