Facebook - Domain Verification issue

SuveenaBali
Tourist
5 0 3

Hi, 

Please can I get some help with verifying my domain for Facebook. 

I've added the meta-tag to the <head> of homepage, and appears well on the html source view of the live site - www.jeenaa.co.uk but the verification still fails. Please kindly help. 

Thanks, 

Suveena 

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2557 334 522

Hi, @SuveenaBali

To clarify, are you trying to verify www.jeenaa.co.uk or jeenaa.co.uk? The first is your subdomain, the second is your root domain, which could be causing the issue if you're trying to verify the wrong one. If you're still having trouble after placing the snippet under the <head> tag, and you have confirmed you are verifying the correct domain, then I'd recommend trying your ".myshopify.com" URL instead. Sometimes your ".myshopify.com" URL can be verified in place of your purchase domain. If not, then you'll want to contact Facebook support or report a problem with Facebook as they'll be able to troubleshoot this further. 

Trevor | Community Moderator @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
bohobabes
Tourist
6 0 1

Hello Peter,

I just did what you said, changed to myshopify.com and it still is not working.

Any other idea? If I check my source code I can see it: view-source:https://bohobabes.store/?fbclid=IwAR0Iab_Y0I5fe6JKlBFhGMY8PsnAEUOgpzUszfWP2jsor3-hjOCXjkFl7iA

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2557 334 522

@bohobabes 

If the above does not work then you will want to contact Facebook support or report a problem with Facebook as they'll be able to troubleshoot this further. 

0 Likes
Kalindi
2 0 0

In order to verify the domain, is it necessary that the domain be bought from Shopify?

Since my domain has been bought through GoDaddy.

0 Likes
Trevor
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
2557 334 522

@Kalindi 

No, it is not required to purchase the domain through Shopify. Any domain should work for verification purposes. However, you may want to try your ".myshopify.com" URL instead if your domain does not work. 

0 Likes