Facebook InitiateCheckout not working for all Checkout Buttons

Highlighted
2 0 0

I noticed that Facebook InitiateCheckout event is only being picked up from one particular flow and not for the others.

The only way I can trigger the initiate checkout event is to go into the Product Page > More Payment Options > Checkout. I cannot seem to trigger the event with the checkout button from the shopping cart.

Pixel has been set up via Shopify integration. Has anyone experienced this same issue?

Store link as follows: www.tokalab.com

0 Likes
Highlighted

I just tested it on your store and the InitiateCheckout event triggered when clicking "Add To Cart" then proceeding to checkout. It wouldn't trigger with the PayPal button the checkout, which I believe is the dynamic checkout buttons. When clicking the "Add" button from the collection page, however, then going to the checkout, I see the event was not triggered. Spell out the problem like this so it can be reliably duplicated then give it to support. It has to be a bug looking at that. An alternative for you though, is to not have that button on collection pages. No one is going to spend that much money on a supplement without diving deeper into the product page.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0
Hey Josh, thanks for the prompt response. It seems that my issue is now that after the first trigger of initiate checkout, the next time I try to initiate checkout for any page is not recorded. Will forward this to support.

Thanks,
Allen
0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Allen,

I'm experiencing the exact same problem as you. I wonder have you solved the issue and how? Would appreciate if I can get some insight from you!

Carlos

0 Likes