Facebook/Instagram nightmare

Solved
TN
Tourist
5 0 0

Hi,

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get my e-commerce account approved by facebook to no avail.  I joined shopify because of its apparent easy integration with having a facebook shop (which i had before but no checkout/fulfillment process).  It rejects all the products due to missing items - such as image urls, product description missing, product needs universal identifiers etc etc - but I have tried to find out where you go to input this information and no answer at all.  Surely I shouldn't have to input to two systems - if shopify integrates 'easily' with facebook it should migrate that information??   

I'm fairly tech savvy and able to find the answer to most things but even this has had me up all hours trying to figure it out.  I'm now paying 29dollars a month for an online store due to this error rather than 9dollars with just a FB shop because I couldn't work it out.  With FB and Insta being the monopoly of social media I really need this to work.  I have emailed support here and absolutely no answer.  FB just reply with links and no real answer.  

I have tried the free flexify which wants me to add FB tags to my products - but these will not appear in the tags in the product section.  

Can anyone help? and let me know how they got theirs to work (I can't really afford to pay for a solution being a new small business I'm already paying way too much to have an online shop and wished now I'd gone down a simpler route.....should have joined etsy!).

Tanya

0 Likes
DREW7
Excursionist
11 1 4

All that info should be forked from SHOP to FB.  Is your SHOP set up with all the things your being told it's missing? (products, sku's, upc/gtin's,prices, photos, etc).

TN
Tourist
5 0 0

Yes - it is all setup with those things.  (all the info that is asked for in the adding a product to your shopify shop).  I can't even post an ad to FB without my commerce being approved.  Its so annoying that shopify aren't even responding to my support question.  

0 Likes
DREW7
Excursionist
11 1 4

This is an accepted solution.

If your SHOP store is set up and "live," just advertise on FB via Ads Mgr and use your SHOP web store URL's as the destination/landing pages. We do $250K a month and nothing is approved on FB (it's a F B AI error,..but haven't been able to get them to fix it). Your ad doesn't need to point to your F_B Shop.  Set up your ads in FB ads mgr, not through shop or 3rd party integrations and upload creatives ("ad's, product photos, video, etc) just don't depend on them pulling the pics from your F_B Shop and them checking out through FB. On your stores FB Page...just use your SHOP website url as the page they hit if they shop or view products.  

TN
Tourist
5 0 0

Thanks - yeah thats the conclusion I have come to!  Good to know its successful for you that way. 

0 Likes
DREW7
Excursionist
11 1 4

Honesty, might be an exception, but we do a few mil a year and probably 7 orders max would have been through FB store when it worked.  Wouldn't sweat it...just get on with pointing prospective customers to your shopify store urls via fb ads.  I would recommend deselecting "FB Store" on every product because you will likely keep getting disapproved messages.  The two are unrelated, but long term that could hose FB privileges up.  Devils always in the details...meaning this app may have set up your pixel, etc., so if you delete the integrations app, make sure the pixel is installed in your code so that you have tracking.  GL

0 Likes