Facebook NOT Connecting to Shopify

rachlstan
Tourist
5 0 2

My Facebook business page is not linking to Shopify.  I've deleted the Facebook sales channel app 3 times from Shopify and reinstalled. I verified my FB page is "published" and tried to install via a totally different search engine.  I continue to get this message.    

Oops, something went wrong.
This may be because of a technical error that we're working to get fixed. Try reloading this page.

HELP!
Replies 6 (6)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @rachlstan

Rae from Shopify here. I can certainly help look into this closer. 

When setting up the Facebook Channel, it's important to confirm your business is eligible and meets these requirements. In particular: 

Is the error message you're seeing showing up in your Shopify admin, or on Facebook? Can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of the exact error? That way, I can check it out in full and help troubleshoot this further. 

In the meantime, based on the error text you included, it sounds like this could potentially be a local issue. With that said, I appreciate you trying to delete and re-download the app to see if this resolved things. However, I also recommend working through these steps, too: 

Let me know how this all goes. I hope to hear back from you soon with an update, and a screenshot of the error you're seeing. 

Thanks! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

MoeG
Excursionist
16 0 6

Clearing my Google Chrome browser cache data helped resolving this same issue I had earlier today. I cleared data from All Time. thanks for sharing this helpful post!

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @MoeG

That's great to hear! Thanks for following up to let us know this worked for you. 

Take care, 

Kylekath
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello I am having a similar issue. My business page is connected to my personal page and they only seem to connect my personal page and my business page doesn't show up at all. It has been blocking me from moving forward 

viraburmenko
Visitor
1 0 0

I have the same problem! I am trying to follow all the steps by the "new Facebook shop platform" and it's givign me the same message.

Could anyone form Shopify please help?

Thank you! 🙂

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @viraburmenko

Thanks for joining this thread and letting us know you're running into the same issues. 

Did you have a chance to try out some of the local troubleshooting steps I mentioned above? Such as: 

If these steps don't resolve things, can you please confirm where this error is showing up, and reply back to me here with a screenshot of the error? That way, I can help look into this further. 

Best,