Facebook NOT Connecting to Shopify

rachlstan
Tourist
5 0 1

My Facebook business page is not linking to Shopify.  I've deleted the Facebook sales channel app 3 times from Shopify and reinstalled. I verified my FB page is "published" and tried to install via a totally different search engine.  I continue to get this message.    

Oops, something went wrong.
This may be because of a technical error that we're working to get fixed. Try reloading this page.

HELP!
0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
863 60 252

Hi, @rachlstan

Rae from Shopify here. I can certainly help look into this closer. 

When setting up the Facebook Channel, it's important to confirm your business is eligible and meets these requirements. In particular: 

Is the error message you're seeing showing up in your Shopify admin, or on Facebook? Can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of the exact error? That way, I can check it out in full and help troubleshoot this further. 

In the meantime, based on the error text you included, it sounds like this could potentially be a local issue. With that said, I appreciate you trying to delete and re-download the app to see if this resolved things. However, I also recommend working through these steps, too: 

Let me know how this all goes. I hope to hear back from you soon with an update, and a screenshot of the error you're seeing. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
viraburmenko
1 0 0

I have the same problem! I am trying to follow all the steps by the "new Facebook shop platform" and it's givign me the same message.

Could anyone form Shopify please help?

Thank you!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
863 60 252

Hi, @viraburmenko

Thanks for joining this thread and letting us know you're running into the same issues. 

Did you have a chance to try out some of the local troubleshooting steps I mentioned above? Such as: 

If these steps don't resolve things, can you please confirm where this error is showing up, and reply back to me here with a screenshot of the error? That way, I can help look into this further. 

Best, 

0 Likes
Muhanned
Tourist
5 0 0

Clearing my Google Chrome browser cache data helped resolving this same issue I had earlier today. I cleared data from All Time. thanks for sharing this helpful post!

0 Likes
Rae
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
863 60 252

Hi, @Muhanned

That's great to hear! Thanks for following up to let us know this worked for you. 

Take care,