Facebook NOT Connecting to Shopify

Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

My Facebook business page is not linking to Shopify.  I've deleted the Facebook sales channel app 3 times from Shopify and reinstalled. I verified my FB page is "published" and tried to install via a totally different search engine.  I continue to get this message.    

Oops, something went wrong.
This may be because of a technical error that we're working to get fixed. Try reloading this page.

HELP!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
554 28 187

Hi, @rachlstan

Rae from Shopify here. I can certainly help look into this closer. 

When setting up the Facebook Channel, it's important to confirm your business is eligible and meets these requirements. In particular: 

Is the error message you're seeing showing up in your Shopify admin, or on Facebook? Can you please reply to me here with a screenshot of the exact error? That way, I can check it out in full and help troubleshoot this further. 

In the meantime, based on the error text you included, it sounds like this could potentially be a local issue. With that said, I appreciate you trying to delete and re-download the app to see if this resolved things. However, I also recommend working through these steps, too: 

Let me know how this all goes. I hope to hear back from you soon with an update, and a screenshot of the error you're seeing. 

Thanks! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes