Facebook Page Won't Connect

Solved
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
881 48 141

Hi, @G-HoldAdmin.

Tira, here. Thanks for reaching out. 

Do you have products added to your Shopify store? You will need to add some into your store in order for Facebook to approve your store and make your products available for publishing. 

To add products to your store, you can login to your Shopify admin and click on ProductsAll Products and click on the "Add Product" button on the right-hand side of the page. You can fill out the product title, description and choose to publish your product to your Facebook Shop sales channel. Here's our help doc with all the steps on how to publish products to Facebook: Make your products available to Facebook Shop.

Check out our help doc on the list of requirements that you will need before setting up Facebook Shop, here.

Once these requirements are met, you'll be able to connect your Facebook page to your store and the approval process from Facebook will begin. 

Let me know if that helps!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Adie
Tourist
8 0 3
Hello Tira, 

Thank you for attempting to help but the advice in your last message did not help. I have tried all of these things. I am adding my products manually in Facebook so that the displays link directly to the Loot Trend Shopify store. If you visit Loot Trend Shopify store, you can see that this works fine in the Facebook Shop. However, of course, the issue is that the products and inventory will not update automatically when changed in MyShopify.

When I try to add the products via Products in MyShopify, they will not show up on Loot Trend Facebook Page because (as I have stated a number of times) my Loot Trend Facebook Page will not connect to MyShopify (see attached screenshot). 

Even though I am the Admin in Facebook, I think that my settings (in Facebook) for the Loot Trend Facebook Page may be causing the issue. 

Is it possible for you to organise help in this regard. Thanking you in anticipation, Tira. 

Kind regards, 
Adie
0 Likes
G-HoldAdmin
2 0 0

Hi Tira,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes we do have multiple products on our Shopify website. They have all been made available to all sources. I also read up on the document prior to asking on how to set up Facebook shop so it does meet all the requirements.

I think the problem is that we are based in the UK and we do not have Facebook Commerce available in our location (as it is currently only in the USA)... so that could be what is causing this problem... Do you know anymore on this or a way we could work around that?

Kind Regards,

Sophie

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
881 48 141

Thank you for getting back to me, @Adie.

I appreciate that you've tried the troubleshooting steps I've mentioned before and I understand that you're looking to sync your products automatically as they are updated in Shopify over to Facebook.

I would like to take a look at your store further to help. I have sent an email to the email address listed on your Shopify Community forums profile. Could you please take a look at your inbox? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
881 48 141

Hi, Sophie!

Facebook Shop is available to shops as long as they meet the requirements listed out on our help doc page that I linked in my previous reply. If there has been a change that we should be aware of, I would love to know what that is so that I may take a look into this for you and pass this onto our team.  

Could you please provide a link to where you're seeing that Facebook Commerce isn't available in your location? 

I look forward to hearing from you!

0 Likes
amineee9
1 0 0

Hi Tira,

I have the same problem please, and for me under "Existing Page Roles" does it show your page there listed as "Custom" not "Admin".

Even though I'm an admin on the page and the owner.

Please help.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
881 48 141

Hi, @amineee9.

Tira, here from Shopify. Thank you for reaching out.

We have a great post in our Shopify Community that includes step-by-step instructions on how to change your Facebook page roles from "Custom" to "Admin". You can find the post, here.

Once you have followed these steps, please let me know if it helps!

0 Likes
SoulStoked
3 0 0

Hi,

I am having the same problem - not being able to connect my facebook page to my shopify account. When I got to settings, pages, page role - I am listed under Custom.

Please help!

Thanks,

Caitlin

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
881 48 141

Hi, Caitlin.

Tira here, from Shopify. I'm happy to help. 

The steps to change your page roles on Facebook from "Custom" to "Admin" are listed in the Shopify Community forums link I posted above. Please give these steps a try and let me know if that helps! 

0 Likes
SoulStoked
3 0 0
Hi Tira,

Yes that helped and it works great – I now have another issue I hope you can help me with.
When I went to connect my Instagram shop – I had been selling a mattress, and Instagram flagged the add as not following the commerce policies, so I deleted the ad and it has been over 24 hours and I still am not able to connect my shop, I also filled out a report through the Instagram app but have not heard back.
Could you please help?

Thanks so much,
Caitlin
0 Likes