Facebook Page Won't Connect

Solved
Highlighted
2 0 1

I'm able to connect my personal account and that goes fine. I'm able to go through the entire setup flow no problem however after it confirms and closes the pop up window it shows my personal account connected, but not the page that I selected. Specifically this the error message I recieve. 

To sell on Facebook, you need to have a Facebook Page for the account you’re signed in with. You also need to have Admin access for that account. If you don’t have a Facebook Page for your store, you can create one.

I verified I have admin privileges with this page (through the business manager) and I also have admin privileges for the the business manager itself. Any advice? Thanks!

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Jeromy.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

Thank you for reaching out. I can understand how this is confusing and I'm happy to help! I appreciate you taking some troubleshooting steps on your own to ensure that you have admin access.

There are some additional troubleshooting steps we can try here:

In your personal Facebook account, under Settings > Page Roles, under "Existing Page Roles" does it show your page there listed as "Custom" or "Admin"?

Please let me know what that is, and we can look into this together from there!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
1 0 0
Hey Jeromy are u the owner of Eva after dark? If so i tried purchase content but dont see where i can sign up for an account my friend. Any help?
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

@John-Wick No, and I don't know what that is. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 1

Hello,

actually all these troubleshooting solutions didn't work for many people. I just solved the problem today on the phone with a shopify customer support person and he suggested me to do the procedure on another device like my phone. and it finally worked!! it seems the DNS domain cache was messing up something, probably....

Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

In my personal Facebook account, under Settings > Page Roles, under "Existing Page Roles" it shows my page role listed as "Admin". 

However,  even though my Facebook account connected to Shopify, the screen message in Shopify states "No Facebook Page connected".

My Facebook Page uses the required Fb Shopping Template. So why won't the Fb page connect? 

Any advice?

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

I have the same problem, everything looks ok in facaebook. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

I'm still hanging out for a solution although I did read that Facebook can take up to 48 hours to give their approval to allow the Shopify store to connect with the Facebook page. Do you know about this?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 39 125

Hi, @Adie.

Tira here, from Shopify Support.

I read your post above and it sounds like you have your settings set-up correctly on Facebook. Have you had your admin page active for more than 24 hours? It can sometimes take up to a week while your store is connected to the Facebook API to be recognized as an Admin on Facebook.

If you have been an admin for more than a week, please try to connect your Facebook page using the Shopify mobile app. You can follow the instructions to set-up your Facebook Shop on iPhone here, or on Android, here.

Let me know if that is helpful!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 3

Thank you for your helpful reply, Tira. I changed my Facebook status from "Custom" to "Admin" only 3 days ago after reading a previous post of yours. So it seems that all I have to do is wait for a few more days. That's good to know. Your help is much appreciated. I'll post here about the results when I see success in a few days. Thanks again.