Facebook Page Won't Connect

Solved
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
874 47 139

I'm so glad to hear that it worked for you, Caitlin!

I'm happy to shed some light on Instagram's approval process. Instagram fully handles approvals on their end and only provides us with the status of an approval, whether it is in pending, rejected or approved. 

Are you currently using the Instagram sales channel? If you are, you can check out our help doc for the full requirements to use the channel, here: Instagram channel requirements. It sounds like your ad was rejected because of Instagram's requirements to follow their commerce policy. I recommend viewing it here: Instagram Commerce and making sure that the products you want to publish to Instagram meets their guidelines.

I appreciate that you reached out to Instagram and filed a report. What steps did you take to file this report? 

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
SoulStoked
3 0 0
Hi,

Thank you! I’m so sorry this has taken me so long to respond to. I have been distracted in the mean time.

I have read the requirements and the commerce policy – So I did delete the add that they had highlighted and brought to my attention – now it’s still saying that there is something wrong but when I click to see what ad or product can’t be sold, there is no product there, the ad is gone because I deleted it, and there is nothing else and yet I still am not able to move forward with it.

I went into the settings on my Instagram account, went to the help option and clicked report a problem many times and I have not received a response from the.

If you can help in any way, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Caitlin
0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
874 47 139

Thanks for getting back to me, Caitlin.

It sounds like you've already done a few troubleshooting steps and I appreciate that you've reported this as a problem with Instagram.

One thing that I can suggest that I have seen worked for some merchants, is to uninstall and then reinstall the Instagram sales channel. Check out this forums post with some tips that worked for merchants who's stores were rejected by Instagram.

Approvals come directly from Instagram, and would be outside our scope of support. You can submit a complaint to Instagram directly by using Facebook's Support contact form and selecting "Instagram Shopping >
I want to appeal a decision about access to Instagram Shopping." on the form.

I am curious to see what the Shopify Community has to suggest!

0 Likes
Hajy1362
1 0 0

Hi Tiera 

I have the same problem and i couldn't fix it. my website page is : www.pamukstore.com

If you can help me I will be really appreciated.

sincerely

0 Likes
LucyTPAdmin
1 0 0

Hi @Tira , I have read all your responses and it's working! I just have a question about the actual page we connect to Shopify. We sell our product on our facebook page, and we have a famous ambassador who also has a Facebook page, and we want to promote our products via facebook shop on his page as well (he has a lot more followers etc). We integrated the Shopify product catalog into our facebook page directly, but not for the ambassador page. Would it cause any issues if we link our Shopify to his facebook page? I am admin on both, and I have successfully linked them. Just want to make sure that this doesn't mess up anything from our own facebook page to shopify.

Here is our address if it helps to check it:

transformationprotein.myshopify.com

Much appreciate your kind help!

Lucy

0 Likes
Tira
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
874 47 139

Hi, @Hajy1362.

Tira here, from Shopify.

Thank you for your store URL. I would love to help. What steps did you try to connect your Facebook page? What error do you receive?

I recommend reviewing my replies in this thread to troubleshoot:

Checking if your page roles on your Facebook Business Page are set to Admin

Making sure your Facebook page has been active for over 24 hours

Ensure Facebook Shop is set-up correctly

Once I have more information, I can take a further look! 

0 Likes
alannimals
1 0 0

Mine still won't connect after trying it on my laptop and mobile devide. Any further tips?

0 Likes