Facebook Pixel Installation

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 4

Hi all,

I understand that there is now a new method of installing the Facebook pixel, which is not covered by any FAQ's. 

Now we do not have to copy-paste the pixel into a little window in online store → preferences. Instead, there is a way to link your shopify account to your Facebook business manager. Once you link them, is the process complete? Do you still need to copy-paste the pixel somewhere? 

Since the process changed and there is no support on this topic it's very confusing. Please advise.

Thanks in advance. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
253 10 31

Hi @PhilippIv 

Connecting online shopping platforms with social networks is a brilliant idea to attract more customers and expand your market. And adding Facebook Pixel to Shopify helps you a lot, especially in tracking visitors’ flow. We have a resource about how to add Facebook Pixel to Shopify, kindly take a look and follow our guide. Hope it helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 15 54

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @PhilippIv!

Olivia here from the Shopify team. You've absolutely come to the right place with your question and I'd be glad to guide you further.

We do have some documentation on the Facebook pixel available that I encourage you to check out. Inserting your Facebook pixel is now easier than ever, and is meant to provide a more seamless experience for our merchants. Once you have connected your pixel to the Facebook Channel, there is nowhere else you need to copy/paste it for it to work.

I can certainly appreciate why this change might be confusing for our merchants that are used to inserting the code into Settings > Online Store. To share a brief snippet from our documentation, we clarify this here:

06-55-qs9og-hcexu

Some key things to note from our update are:

• If you've edited your theme file code to add a Facebook pixel, then you need to remove the pixel code before you can add a Facebook pixel ID using the Facebook channel.
  • If you don't remove the pixel code, then your store will have more than one pixel on it, which can result in duplicate or incorrect data in your reports.

Remove pixel code from your theme file

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
193 15 54

Thanks for marking my reply as an accepted solution, @PhilippIv!

I am glad that solution worked for you, and please let us know if any other questions come up.

Warm regards,

Olivia | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes