Facebook Pixel Purchase Event and Value Firing Twice

2 0 1

I've installed the purchase event pixel once in the checkout settings in Shopify, including if first_time_accessed tags, and everything works, but when I'm looking at my stats in ad manager purchases are doubled, and the conversion values per ad are doubled as well, what's up with that?

1 Like
Shopify Expert
9965 84 1467

I'd assume you have the code in place twice but without being able to see the code that's a pretty bold assumption.

• Have you testing the order status page with a test order to see how many times it fires?
  • Have you looked into the source code and confirmed it only appears once?
★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
0 Likes
2 0 1

Yep to both unfortunately, which is why I'm confused

0 Likes
Tourist
3 0 1

I had the same problem -- we had our pixel inadverantly placed twice. Once in the new Facebook Pixel Code Implementation field (the HTML-less feature where you just add your Facebook Pixel ID) and once in the additional scripts field. We removed from additional scripts and the double firing stopped.

Our issue is that now that we're using the Facebook Pixel Implementation option, there's no way for us to add first_time_accessed tags, so the conversion pixel fires when someone purchases and every time that they check their order status.

Does anyone know how to use the new Facebook Pixel Implementation field AND add a first_time_accessed tag, so we can use the automated integration without having the conversion pixel fire on the check order status page too?

1 Like
1 0 0

Did you ever figure this out?  I'm in the same dillema. 

If not, Bump. Anyone else happen to know?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
3 0 2

Did anyone ever solve this?

2 Likes
Tourist
8 1 0

Has anyone solved this yet? I have my pixel code in the checkout and i have removed the shopify pixel integration. Nothing else fires twice besides purchase event. Not sure whats going on. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Many people have solved it. You will have two instances of the pixel firing. Most people use Shopify's native Facebook pixel integration. Which is what most stores need. You can copy the pixel ID then search it in your checkout scripts. Another common place it can fire again is in Google Tag Manager.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes