Facebook Pixel Standard Events Not Working

3 0 0

Hey guys,

We had our facebook pixel integration & google analytics work fine until a month or so ago when se starter getting inconsistent measurements with the standard events as shown in the following images (all these correspond to data for the last 30 days).

Shopify

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.05.01 PM.png

Analytics

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 3.47.50 PM.png

Do not enhanced e-commerce no longer measures Adds to Carts...

Facebook

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 4.01.32 PM.png

Same here, we're noting that Adds to Carts are not being correctly measured by the standard events.

Pixel helper @ checkout

Screen Shot 2019-04-15 at 11.59.15 AM.png

So in a sense, and even though all checkout measurements are not being measured in a regular basis, we're getting consistent measurements between G. Analytics, Facebook Pixel and Shopify's reports (sort of).

Thus the main problem lies with the lack of adds to cart measurements which in turn is harming our digital campaigns. We've tried several "solutions" as we search over the internet but to now avail, so any ideas? Should we manually ad Facebook's Pixel to the adds to cart url worst case scenario?

I'm also attaching all the apps we've got installed as reference in case there are known tracking issues.

shop_apps.png

You can check our website www.treevotion.com in order to check the measurements.

Best regards,

Treevotion Team

0 Likes

Hi Treevotion,

Your pixel seems to be working fine on your store for the moment, unless there was something you fixed recently, the most likely scenario is that there were multiple triggering of checkout events and only one add-to-cart (or at least less than checkout), Facebook events are triggered every time someone adds to cart or checkout, so for example if you go to the checkout page and refresh it 10 times you'll see 10 checkout events.

Try to look for unique conversions on Facebook, do you see that you have less unique Add to cart than Checkout?

On Facebook Ads, click Columns -> Customize columns --> search and mark Purchase (total, unique...)

d2.JPG

All the best!

Sam

Your Digital Facebook Ads Expert - Smart Ads app automatically create and scale profitable Facebook Dynamic Ads campaigns
0 Likes
3 0 0

Hey Sam,

Thanks for taking your time to review and reply on this thread, everything's fine now.

Yep, we're aware the unique events on FBs side, as reference we were getting the following results (still inconsistent measurements for Adds to Cart):

Screen Shot 2019-04-17 at 11.54.13 AM.png

What did the trick was uninstalling the following plugin:

WhatsApp Image 2019-04-17 at 14.56.16.jpeg

Which seems to have been generating this tagging conflict with Shopify's Standard Events.

All best,

Treevotion Team 

0 Likes
3 0 0

Duplicate post

0 Likes

Good to hear you got it fixed. Reach out to the app developer sharing this thread with them so they are aware of the issue.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
32 0 0

Have you tested this with Trackify X 

Trackify X is an all-in-one Facebook Pixel app that is designed to help Shopify store owners painlessly integrate multiple Facebook pixels, measure custom pixel events, and optimize them for more conversions.

I have used this and it helped me a lot to improve my conversion rate - you must try it with Trackify X 

Here is the link -

https://eraofecom.org/trackify-x/

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 0

Brother, I'm having the same issue. I contacted Shopify and they blamed it on FB...

How did you come about figuring out which app was causing this issue?

I don't have that app running, but my Adds to Cart are not always registering (seems like if a user clears their browser cache, then it works; which is strange because the other metrics are doing just fine without clearing the cache).

Thank you in advance for the help!

0 Likes

There are many themes that will not fire an Add To Cart event with Shopify's default Facebook integration. I often see the mini cart draw cause this where the user adds an item to cart and rather than get taken to the /cart page, a drawer of the cart overlays on the product page. If this happens to you, you'll need to setup a custom event yourself to track add to carts.

Run Google Shopping ads? Get the free definitive guide to Google Shopping for Shopify (no optin required): https://www.digitaldarts.com.au/google-shopping
0 Likes
Tourist
5 0 0

Thank you Josh for the reply. I'm currently using the Debut theme, and I made sure to disable to "added to cart" popup and instead take the user to the cart page. Honestly I don't remember how, but I think it was a theme setting. The "Add to Cart" does fire, but it seems to not fire at certain times (one reason, I verified, was that it actually caches this event in the browser... While the other Pixel events don't though, which is weird)

What are my options here?

Do you know how I can set up a custom event to track things? (I would need to disable Shopify's integration right? Since it's firing sometimes, it might double count here and there)

Also, I would maybe like to disable Shopify's integration and do it manually, for every type of Pixel event. I'm not trusting what is configured in my store at all.

Thank you in advance!

0 Likes