Facebook Pixel Suddenly Stopped Tracking

Highlighted
2 0 1

Hey guys!  I've looked everywhere for an answer.  The Facebook pixel was working fine up until yesterday. 

I'm getting sales on my store (as per Shopify and Google Analytics).  However, in Facebook Ads manager the conversions show up as 0. But, when I go into Pixels, I can see that the Pixels were fired for the right amount of sales, atc, vc, pv.   Screenshot below.  

The Facebook Pixel Helper did not find any errors.   You can see that FB tracked 5 purchases on the one ad yesterday right before it stopped working.  We have not made any changes to cause this. 

We did install the Pinterest pixel about 2 weeks ago.  But, I can't see why that would just affect it now.  Any suggestions?  Do you think it's just a Facebook glitch? 

Thanks in advance!

facebook.jpg

facebook2.jpg

1 Like
1 0 1

I have had the same problem. Everything was fine until yesterday morning when it suddenly stopped tracking sales. I can see spend and clicks etc updating but the sales that are appearing in Shopify from adverts are not feeding through to Ads Manager. It seems to have started again today but it's still not right, there are loads of sales missing. 

1 Like

This could be a glitch. The Facebook pixel will track anyone and everyone coming to your store... ads manager will only show conversions when people saw your ad and made a sale. This is the same with any ad pixel. It tracks anyone coming to your site to help you build remarketing audiences in the future.

We help ecommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable PPC campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with CRO & analytics: TakeSomeRisk.com
1 Like
2 0 1

Hey thanks for responding!  It sounds like it might be a Facebook glitch then.  I'm so relieved that it's not something that we did on our end.   Today has been very inconsistent as well.  Some sales are showing up and others are not.  

0 Likes