Facebook Pixel help

Highlighted
3 0 0

Having a bit of an issue with the Facebook Pixel. I've scoured forums and the FB docs to no avail. Basically I created a two custom conversions because I thought that is what was needed at first, and now I can't delete it. All 3 pixels are registering and messing up my conversion numbers as seen here: http://cl.ly/39021J0X1R3M. The one that say "do not use" is actually "pixelinitiated" under custom conversions. The one purchase conversion is for a url with a thank_you in it and the other purchase is Facebook's default standard event. 

For Shopify I added the code indicated here: https://www.facebook.com/business/help/952192354843755 to the theme.liquid in the head. Then on the check out page I added the same code with the fbq('track', 'Purchase', {value: '0.00', currency: 'USD'});. 

In my Faceobok adset I have ONLY the "purchase" conversion selected. http://cl.ly/2a1g3h1A3d21.

So WHY is all 3 firing? It's completely throwing up conversions! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
127 0 9

Hey there,

Here is my $0.02.

If you are having duplicate conversions being tracked, it seems to be centered around these extras.

When tracking purchases, you should only need to have the pixel embedded into the checkout portion, so it registers when a purchase was made from an order. If you have it in your theme.liquid file as well, you may be having things register as purchases that may not be.

I would say to remove the code inserted for the theme.liquid file, and simply leave the one for the checkout as described here.

Hope that helps!

Justin L

0 Likes
Highlighted
7 0 0

Hey If you are still confused about Facebook pixel you can take help with Shopify apps. The one I use for managing Facebook pixel is Trackify. With Trackify facebook pixel app you can optimize your pixel for ViewContent, Add-to-Cart, and Checkout events on a specific product if you are targeting a single niche, or use a store-wide pixel for event optimization. It's very handy and requires no coding.

0 Likes
Highlighted
32 0 0

Hello, if you are still trying hard to get your pixel fixed, I must say stop where you are and give a try to Trackify X -  a data-based platform designed to help you run better ad campaigns, increase your ROI, and leverage all that information to take your advertising game to the next level. You can conveniently manage as many pixels as you want and optimize them for custom pixel events and custom pixel event parameters.

With Trackify X Shopify facebook pixel pp, you are in control of your pixel and are in charge of where and when pixel fire.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This could be a glitch. The Facebook pixel will track anyone and everyone coming to your store... ads manager will only show conversions when people saw your ad and made a sale. This is the same with any ad pixel. It tracks anyone coming to your site to help you build re marketing audiences in the future.

We help eCommerce brands create, manage and scale profitable campaigns across North America, Europe and Australia. We also help with Conversion Rate Optimization.

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

You already had great suggestions just like to add in a decent attempt to get your pixel fixed, you should check out WinAds Manager- an application to assist you with running better advertisement crusades, increment in your ROI, and influence all that data to take your marketing game to another level. With WinAds - facebook pixel pp, you can take care of your ads and can add multiple pixels as well.

0 Likes