Facebook Pixel not working

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hello, I just created my second shopify store, and everything was going smooth until I tried to verify connection of the pixel. The pixel connected perfectly with my shopify and the facebook pixel helper extension can read the pixel perfectly as well, but when it tries to verify connection on facebook, it says no activity. Please help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 6

Same exact issue with me. It's driving me insane!!

Shopify help!!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

I know man, this issue is driving me crazy too, I hope shopify responds soon, I'm trying to get my second shop open and running and I can't do that without my facebook pixel working to run ads.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 6

This is nuts!! This is literally an essential service and Shopify boasts the simplicity of integrating the FB pixel but it just isn't working. Test events doesn't populate anything and Pixel Helper is running perfectly...

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 6

This is an accepted solution.

SOLVED BY @Nick105 :

I had the same problem with this and I'm not new to setting up pixels on websites. I was very confused as the pixel helper could see it, but ads manager wasn't getting anything.Previously, I had used the shop preferences with the correct pixel ID and the pixel helper didn't find it. I then installed the code manually and the pixel helper found it but I still couldn't get ads manager to see it.

The solve was to go to events manager and then click on settings.

I scrolled down and turned on both "Enable full use of Customer Data under our Business Tools Terms from this data source unless an event has a Limited Data Use flag" and 

"Automatic Advanced Matching" and then sent test traffic again in the overview and it magically worked. Wasted a lot of time for such a simple fix, but I hope that helps some other people.

Works now!!
2 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hell ya brother!! Thanks for sending this in the discussion, best of luck on your store!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

Hi team!

I've the same issue, I tried to install FB pixel, and since I set it through the FB app, events are not firing correctly (only fired Page View and sometimes InitiatedCheckout). We tried to uninstalled FB app and install the pixel in the native spot through Online Store--> Preferences, but it's still not working. Furthermore, we uninstalled the app and continue showing the pixel (if we check FB pixel helper).

Please help us!

2 Likes
Tourist
5 0 2

Same issue here... Ever since they released the FB app, it is NO longer working. The app is horribly glitchy. For some reason add to cart, initiate checkout and even add payment info are being correctly tracked (I had to use a different page = shop.myshop.com to be able to see all 3 correctly or I was only able to see PageViews!!!!) but NOT purchase. I have tried to get someone to explain what was happening but no luck. They have NO ETA on when to fix this. I am running campaigns without even being able to track my sales!!! How silly is that?!

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
4 0 3

We wasted more than one month of FB ads, because FB optimisation was a disaster (we were targeting Add to Cart and of course event fires were incorrectly measure)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 2

Hi all, This was a SOLUTION for me.

My issue was that I removed the Pixel ID from the store's preferences and installed the Facebook App as suggested by shopify.

AFter I did that, I played a bit with the settings and I checked the "california" option below. After this, the Pixel was NOT firing at all on the store.

I even contacted support thinking there was an error.

AFter around 1 hour or so of playing with facebook manager, I came back here and unchecked these options and BOOM!

The new facebook channel app for installing the facebook pixel started working without any issues or problems.

Check your preferences and try unchecking these options.

Cheers!

Sergio-Duque_0-1602527124796.png

1 Like