Facebook Shop Connection Trouble

Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey guys,

Im trying to connect my Facebook shop to my store but it keep getting this error. What do I do?

Screen Shot 2020-07-03 at 5.26.42 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 25 130

Hi, @kllyklly

Rae from Shopify here. Thanks for letting us know about this error you're receiving when trying to connect your Facebook channel. 

The 'Terms & Conditions' window that you're seeing is hosted and managed on Facebook's end, so that error is coming from Facebook directly. However, in some instances, we've found that merchants were able to resolve this issue by turning off cross-site tracking on their browser.

If you're using Chrome, you can turn this feature off by following these steps: 

1. Open up a new Chrome window. 
  2. Click 'Chrome' in the top menu bar. 
  3. Select 'Preferences'
  4. Scroll down to 'Privacy and Security' and click 'More'
  5. Ensure the setting titled 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic' is turned off

Equally, this feature can be turned off on Safari by following these steps: 

1. Open up a new window in Safari. 
  2. Click 'Safari' in the top menu bar. 
  3. Click 'Preferences'
  4. Under 'Privacy', ensure the 'Prevent cross-site tracking' option is not selected.  

Following these steps before trying to connect your Facebook page again should resolve this issue. However, if you're still running into troubles, please let me know and I'll be glad to help out further. 

I look forward to hearing back from you about how this goes! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Thanks Rae! 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 25 130

Hi, @kllyklly

I'm happy to help! 

To confirm, did the above steps resolve the issue you were experiencing with being able to accept Facebook's Terms & Conditions?

Let me know if you need any further assistance with this. 

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

I actually ended up playing around on Facebook and figured it out before you replied. But I will try this if one of my friends has trouble.

On another, note I have a new challenge. I am having a hard time adding the Pinterest channel. Every time I try to add it takes me through several "Enable Cookies" screens then gives me this message below. Do you have any insight on this? I have already updated the safari and clear cookies.

Thanks

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 11.19.44 AM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 25 130

Hi, @kllyklly

Thanks for following up with this question about launching the Pinterest channel. 

I'm glad to hear that you've already updated Safari and cleared the cookies on your browser. This is a great first troubleshooting step! However, it's also important to check that your macOS is updated as well, as this is required to ensure that Safari is fully up to date, and running on the newest version. You can read more about updating macOS here

If you've updated macOS and this error is still appearing, then I recommend using another browser like Chrome, Firefox, or one of our other supported browsers, to launch the Pinterest channel instead. 

Please keep me posted on if this resolves things on your end. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
11 0 1

Hey Rea,

I have tried Firefox and Chrome but the error messages are still popping up. Is there anything else I can try?

Thanks,

Kelly

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
416 25 130

Hi, @kllyklly

I appreciate you sharing this update. 

To confirm, did you have a chance to update macOS on your computer? If not, please give this a try! 

I also recommend disabling cross-site tracking on your browser, like we originally discussed in this thread, as this has been known to help resolve errors like the one you're receiving. To disable this setting, please follow these steps: 

If you're using Chrome, you can turn this feature off by following these steps: 

1. Open up a new Chrome window. 
  2. Click 'Chrome' in the top menu bar. 
  3. Select 'Preferences'
  4. Scroll down to 'Privacy and Security' and click 'More'
  5. Ensure the setting titled 'Send a "Do Not Track" request with your browsing traffic' is turned off

Equally, this feature can be turned off on Safari by following these steps: 

1. Open up a new window in Safari. 
  2. Click 'Safari' in the top menu bar. 
  3. Click 'Preferences'
  4. Under 'Privacy', ensure the 'Prevent cross-site tracking' option is not selected.  

Let me know how this goes! 

0 Likes