Facebook Shop Integration

Highlighted
2 0 0
For some reason, our Instagram product tagging stopped working earlier this week. I have trying to fix this and nothing seems to be working (very frusturating). This error keeps popping up when I try to connect our Shopify, Instagram and Facebook: "You need admin access of the Page you’re trying to connect. To transfer this Page, make sure you’re the admin of the selected Business Manager and the admin of the Business Manager that owns this Page.". Has anyone else experienced this/found a solution?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Trailblazer
216 7 23

Hi @shopyufashion 

Several years ago, Instagram launched the product tagging feature only to Shopify platform users in beta to test the idea and improve tech imperfections. Currently, almost any vendor offering their products on their website can implement with Instagram product tagging. Users can browse products, save the products they wish to purchase later, and place an order, all within the application.

Instagram has made a lot of progress in the field of eCommerce, and for many businesses’ denial for Instagram Shopping and product tagging hangs over them for months with no signs of stopping. The concern lies in the fact that there is nowhere to review the reason why you were denied or nowhere to ask for assistance. You can also see a default message from Instagram informing you of having been denied and to “View Instagram’s Commerce Policy or Contact Instagram to learn more.”

If you have been denied product tagging, you should read the policies of Instagram and ensure that you comply with what they do and never allow product tagging that is the first place to know the reason behind their denial.

Hope it helps!

I'm Jason Dao, Manager of Research & Development Department at Avada Ecommerce.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Jason, thanks for reaching out. I haven't even gotten to the point of dealing with Instagram itself yet, I can't even get past implementing Facebook Business Manager. Hopefully I can get into contact with someone who is able to resolve this/has gone through the same thing as well. As I've been reading up on this, it seems many people have had issues with Facebook and Instagram Channels on Shopify, definitely frustrating! Thanks again for reaching out.

0 Likes