Solved

Facebook Shop No FB Page Connected

Dtondo
Tourist
3 0 5

Hi there, 

I am having this issue. I cannot connect facebook store to shopify. I get no page connected even though I do have a page. Can anyone help with this?

Thank you 

Screenshot 2020-04-03 at 00.20.09.png

Accepted Solution (1)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Dtondo

Rae from Shopify here. Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for bringing up the issue you're having with connecting your Facebook page to Shopify. I can definitely lend a hand to help investigate this error further. 

To confirm, are you an 'admin'  on your Facebook business page? To check this, please log in to Facebook, head to your business page, click 'Settings', and then select 'Page Roles'. In this section, make sure that your personal account is listed as an 'admin', and not a 'custom'  role, or another page role. 

Next, it's important to ensure that your Facebook business page is published. You can double check this by heading into the 'Settings'  section of your Facebook business page. In the 'General'  section under 'Page Visibility', it should say 'Page published'. If you don't see this, please follow these steps to publish your page. 

Lastly, your Facebook business page must be using a 'Shopping'  template with a 'Shop'  tab in order for the Facebook Shop channel to be connected properly. To make sure this is configured, please head into 'Settings'  on your Facebook business page and click 'Templates and Tabs'. In this section, make sure your page template is set to 'Shopping'. If it isn't, you can edit this by following these steps. Once you're using the 'Shopping'  template here, please scroll down to the 'Tabs'  section of this page to see if you have a 'Shop'  tab enabled. If you don't, you can add one in by following these steps

Please let me know how this troubleshooting goes. I look forward to hearing back from you and working towards a resolution! 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 24 (24)

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Dtondo

Rae from Shopify here. Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for bringing up the issue you're having with connecting your Facebook page to Shopify. I can definitely lend a hand to help investigate this error further. 

To confirm, are you an 'admin'  on your Facebook business page? To check this, please log in to Facebook, head to your business page, click 'Settings', and then select 'Page Roles'. In this section, make sure that your personal account is listed as an 'admin', and not a 'custom'  role, or another page role. 

Next, it's important to ensure that your Facebook business page is published. You can double check this by heading into the 'Settings'  section of your Facebook business page. In the 'General'  section under 'Page Visibility', it should say 'Page published'. If you don't see this, please follow these steps to publish your page. 

Lastly, your Facebook business page must be using a 'Shopping'  template with a 'Shop'  tab in order for the Facebook Shop channel to be connected properly. To make sure this is configured, please head into 'Settings'  on your Facebook business page and click 'Templates and Tabs'. In this section, make sure your page template is set to 'Shopping'. If it isn't, you can edit this by following these steps. Once you're using the 'Shopping'  template here, please scroll down to the 'Tabs'  section of this page to see if you have a 'Shop'  tab enabled. If you don't, you can add one in by following these steps

Please let me know how this troubleshooting goes. I look forward to hearing back from you and working towards a resolution! 

Dtondo
Tourist
3 0 5
Hi Rea,

Thank you very much for the reply. After checking my role and changing it from ‘Custom’ to ‘Admin’ the issue has been fixed. Thank you
Edmondng
Shopify Partner
5 0 4

HI Rae, 

I have the same issue as Dtondo.  However, I cannot change the Page role from "Custom" to "admin".  The "edit' bottom does not work and it does not allow me to change anything.  I also went to Business Account on FB to allow admin access and manage page to myself.  But I still cannot change page role to "admin".

Kindly assist.  Many many thanks!!

Dorothy

Karrielady
Visitor
2 0 3

Hi Rae,

I'm having this same issue... For days now!  I can't figure it out.  Facebook doesn't really have any support either.  Please reply if you get this resolved.  Thank you and good luck!

Dtondo
Tourist
3 0 5

Hi @Edmondng and @Karrielady,

Here is how I have done it.

Go in your Facebook business manager and go on the business setting by clicking the gear icon (top right)

- once here click on Accounts (on the right) and Pages.

If you dont have Facebook Business Manager I sugest you create one and connect it to your page. (there are plenty of video tutorial on that.).

Now click on the arrow (drop down menu) and unselect manage jobs and veiw earning insights. 

This should change your position from "Custom" to "Admin" 

Check picture!

I hope this help. Once the facebook shop is connected to your shopify make sure you go on products. Select all or the one you want to show on Facebook, click more option, chose make available and select facebook. 

I hope this help.

Good Luck!!! 

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 21.43.20 2.JPG

Karrielady
Visitor
2 0 3

OH MY GOODNESS!!! IT WORKED!!

Thank you SO much for replying.  I have not idea how you discovered that, but it did the trick!  

I'm so relieved!  Thank you, thank you!  🙂

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @Dtondo@Edmondng, and @Karrielady

Thank you all for jumping in and reaching out in this thread. @Dtondo and @Karrielady, I'm glad to hear this is now working on your end.

Thank you for sharing the steps that you took to resolve this as well, @Dtondo. The steps you outlined are the exact ones that should be taken to remove the 'custom'  role on Facebook, so I really appreciate you taking the time to outline these. 

@Edmondng, have you had a chance to look over the steps that @Dtondo shared above? I recommend working through these on your end to remove the 'custom'  role, and be added as an 'admin'  instead. If these steps don't work for you, please let me know and I'll be glad to help investigate this further. 

Thanks again, everyone! 

yuliettep
Visitor
2 0 0

Hello,

I am struggling with removing the custom and change it to administration on facebook setting. I checked on my business page with my personal account as an administration, I am able to check all of the list that I can manage on the page. I still cannot edit the page role on my personal account. I created the business page under my personal account, is this the reason? 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @yuliettep

I understand you're running into some troubles changing your page role, and I appreciate you reaching out about this. 

To confirm, were you able to follow the steps that @Dtondo shared above in this thread? If not, I do recommend giving these steps a try, as this will help switch your page role over from 'custom'  to 'admin'

For reference, the steps required to complete this are as follows: 

1. Log in to Facebook Business Manager using this link
  2. Click 'Business Settings'
  3. Select your page. 
  4. Disable the 'Manage jobs'  and the 'View earnings insights'  options by toggling them off. 

Once these two settings are disabled, please open up Facebook and navigate to your business page. Click 'Settings', select 'Page Roles', and you should now be listed as an admin here. 

Let me know how that goes! 

yuliettep
Visitor
2 0 0
I have tried everything from all communication post and the edit box will not change. I am still stuck at “custom”.
Thank you for getting back to me quickly.
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @yuliettep

Thanks for letting me know. 

I recommend clearing your browser cache, or using a different browser, or device, to double check those settings on your Facebook page. 

If doing that doesn't resolve the issue, please feel free to reply to me here with a screenshot of those settings - with your personal information blocked out - similar to what @Dtondo shared previously in this thread. That way, I can take a closer look at the settings on your page. 

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

episodeboutique
Tourist
4 0 0

Hi! I have done all of the following steps multiple times and they are indeed correct. However every time I exit Shopify my facebook account disconnects. It will not hold any connection. Please is there anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Belle Smith

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @episodeboutique!

Thanks for reaching out about this. 

There's a few different reasons why this may happen, so I'd like to run through some troubleshooting with you to determine what's causing your page to disconnect like this. 

As a starting point, can you please confirm if you have multiple Facebook business pages? And, if so, are both of these business pages connected to the same Facebook Business account? You can check this by logging in to Facebook Business Manager here

Next, I'd like to double check your Facebook connection from Shopify's end to ensure an error isn't appearing here. To do this, log in to your Shopify admin and click on the 'Facebook Shop'  section in the lefthand sidebar. From here, click 'View Facebook page'  in the top righthand corner. When you click this, does an error message appear? Or, are you redirected to your Facebook business page correctly?

Please keep me posted on the above so that we can continue working towards a solution. 

Talk soon! 

jcmstrat
Tourist
6 0 1

I ran into the same issues and I already had the settings configured properly. I eventually was able to get to the next step, but then I got an internal server error. I even tried deleting the app, waiting a few minutes, then reinstall only for the same error to happen. I solved the issue by deleting the cookies. Also, try it in Chrome instead of Safari.

simar_jewelry
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I am having the same issue and i am the admin of my page...

Moreover, I have been trying to use my Shopify store to create a catalog for facebook shop but am unable to do so. I added the fb pixel to my online store on Shopify. I even added Facebook as a channel and signed into my account to connect my FB page to it. However, my shopify catalog is showing as 0 when I try to set up my store. I am totally confused as to how to move forward to export my products on Shopify to create facebook catalog. Please see the attached pics for more clarity on above.
It also says in catalog manager that once the account is verified in my fb channel on shopify i should add facebook check out on my shopify admin. I don't know how to do this. Can you please guide me...

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @simar_jewelry

Thank you for letting me know about the troubles you're encountering. 

To confirm, is your Facebook business page published? To check this, please log in to your Facebook account, navigate to your business page, click on 'Settings > General' and under 'Page Visibility', make sure you can see 'Page published'. If you don't see this, just click the 'Edit' button on this line to publish the page. 

Next, in your Facebook business page settings under 'Templates and Tabs', it's important to ensure you're using the 'Shopping' template. If you need to switch your template, you can do so by following these steps. Once you're using the 'Shopping' template, please scroll down to the 'Tabs' section of this page and check to see if you have a 'Shop' tab added. If you don't, you can add one by clicking the 'Add a tab' button on the bottom of the page. 

In terms of your questions regarding your Facebook catalog and the Facebook pixel on your site, I'd like to look into this further, but unfortunately it doesn't look like the screenshots you mentioned were included in your post. With this in mind, can you please try sending these images to me again? To do this, just reply to me here, and above the text box where you can type your reply, you will see a button titled 'Photos'. Please click that to re-attach the images. Once I receive these, I can certainly take a closer look into these questions. 

Talk soon! 

dashofpride
Excursionist
36 0 5

This was great!  I had everything done but the tabs part.  Thank you

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @dashofpride

I'm glad to hear this information was useful.

To confirm, did adding the 'Shop' tab to your Facebook business page help resolve the troubles you were having? If not, feel free to reply to me here and tell me a bit more about any issues you're running into, and I'll be glad to offer further assistance. 

Cheers! 

dashofpride
Excursionist
36 0 5

My facebook link wasn't working.  As soon as I went to the tabs section and added shop it resolved.

Thanks

helloamykelley
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

Ive done all the above steps, but when I navigate to turn on the shop tab, I don't have a shop tab to turn on. How do I get the shop tab? I am using the shopping template.

thanks!

funkyhatgirl
Visitor
2 0 0

same with me .. 

Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @funkyhatgirl

Thanks for jumping in here. 

Did following the steps in this thread help resolve the problems you were facing with this setup, or are you still having troubles?

If you need any additional help with this please let me know and I'll be glad to lend a hand! 

funkyhatgirl
Visitor
2 0 0
Hi Rea, it was very helpful at pointing out the problem but I did go to Shpify help centre and speak to Chris who solved it with me , thank you very much for your advice though
Rae
Shopify Staff (Retired)
1166 95 361

Hi, @funkyhatgirl

No problem! Thanks for letting me know. 

I'm glad to hear that you were able to resolve this with the help of our Support team. 

Best,