Facebook Shop Not Visible

Tourist
4 0 1

Something has changed and on my Facebook page everything is able to been seen except under my shop tab.  It says for me to "Manage your collections on Shopify Go to Shopify".

Also, if I try and look at my page on my mobile phone it says my shop is not visible to customers until I add inventory.  To add products, please open your shop on a computer.

This is becoming extremely frustrating - I have read some other peoples questions and have unpublished my facebook page for now and will try publishing it again but am unsure if this is going to help with my situation.  Can someone please give me some advice regarding this?  Thanks.

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
305 38 53

Hey, @stangirl68!

Lulu here from the Shopify Support team. Thanks for reaching out here, and I'll be more than happy to help you out.

That does sound quite strange. Is the connection looking all good in your Shopify admin under the Facebook sales channel? I have a few troubleshooting steps to go through that should help you out!

Can you double-check your Facebook template is set to "Shopping", if it is set to anything else, it will not work. Here's how you would find the section to check what page template is being used:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
  2. Click 'Settings'
  3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
  4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:

1. Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
  2. Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
  3. Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
    You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.

2019-07-3czzc-kx688

Lastly, we need to make sure the page is published (on facebooks side, the connection in the admin does not mean it is published):

To Publish Shop Page:

1. Click Settings at the top of your Page
  2. From General, click Page Visibility
  3. Click the setting to "Page published"
  4. Click Save Changes

2019-07-5l3e2-sxjx9

After all these settings have been configured, please log out and log back in using a chrome browser and let me know how you get on and if you see anything strange along the way! 

Speak soon!
Lulu

Lulu | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

Hi Lulu,

Thanks for getting back to me so soon.  I have did all you said and there is still no joy.  Tells me this when I go to my shop - Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify . I'm not very tech savvy and this has been a big step for me to use shopify so you can imagine my disappointment.  

I did change some things around in my shopify but for the better I had thought.  Sales channels are good there and is all connected... any other suggestions perhaps?

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1
Hi Lulu,

Just a follow up about weird stuff - When I'm in shopify sales channel I
can click on facebook and then I go to view facebook - all is kinda good
and I can see my shop BEFORE I log into facebook. Of course it keeps
prompting me to sign in but as soon as I do and then go to my page and try
to look at shop - there is no shop and the message there is as I have shown
you before - Manage your collections on Shopify. Go to Shopify

weird - thanks for trying to help me
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
305 38 53

Hi, @stangirl68!

Sorry to hear them steps didn't work for you. In order for me to have a closer look, I will need to verify your account. I will send you an email to the email address attached to this forums account and confirm some security questions about your store. Once you reply to that email, I will investigate further for you!

Speak soon!

Lulu

0 Likes
Tourist
8 0 2

Hey guys, 

I have the same problem, since 4 days. Although my shop was up and running before on facebook. And I checked everything, also disconnected and reconnected my page again from desktop and from my mobile, changed tags on my products, re-uploaded my product feed, accepted their terms and conditions a hundred times. Nothing is working. My page is properly set up, properly connected to Shopify, like it was before this happened out of a sudden. The facebook store does simply not pull the products from Shopify and Shopify just says on the product overview for FB, that we shall contact facebook, as some products can not be published. But it's not some products, but all of them. Instagram is working fine for me though, facebook ads as wellBildschirmfoto 2019-07-13 um 00.34.37.pngBildschirmfoto 2019-07-13 um 00.34.21.png.

And, as it seems Lulu5 does not have any idea that this issue is known at Shopify already since March or longer. There are many threads here in this community since Q1 this year about exactly the same error message, just, as far as I can see, no solution was given by Shopify yet. So, Shopify team, can you please properly look into it or get in touch with facebook! This is pretty annoying.

All threads here in this community, that are similar/the same:

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Problem-with-facebook-shop-review/m-p/458479

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Apps/Facebook-Shop-not-populating-on-Facebook-page/m-p/53109...

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Facebook-Doesn-t-connect-Your-Facebook-Shop-is-in...

https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Apps/Facebook-Shop-not-visible-Help-please/m-p/411007 -> this is logic, everyone knows that and does that before contacting Shopify...no solution to our problem.

Thanks very much

Jess

1 Like
1 0 1

I have the same problem, since April. I tried everything that shopify support told me.

No luck.

Sad!!!

1 Like
Tourist
7 0 2

Since March 2019??? We need a refund period. i just got burned the end of August. No warning or nothing. Its been almost 3 weeks going into week 4 & I call 2-3x a day and nada....this is crazy. Shopify just needs to inform their customers they no longer have the capability with FB or IG and let people move on if need be....just collecting money and waiting for the fallout is not good business...I am still waiting for an alleged tech...everyday I'm told my account has been escalated to the tech dept or we just recycled your products....its all bullshit plain and simple. I may not like the answer but do not continuously lie to me every damn day. Have some integrity.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 2

LuLu5,  If your still employed by Shopify, what is the fix???

1 Like
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
305 38 53

Hello, @Charlush!

Apologies for the delay, I have been out of office. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with the Facebook sales channel and I appreciate you reaching out about this. I completely understand how important it is for your store's systems and channels to be consistent and reliable, however, it does look like there are some problems with Facebook the past few months. I can assure you we have all hands on deck working to fix this as quickly as possible and limit downtime as best we can but at this time we need to wait for the Facebook devs to get back to us with a fix. Facebook is a third party channel, therefore, our support scope is limited. 

In the meantime, after a lot of research I can only advise the workarounds that have worked for a few people so you can give it a go:

1. Delete the Facebook Sales Channel.
2. Remove "Shopify" from your Business integrations (https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=business_tools). Then log out of Facebook.
08-59-lbwud-3t38l
3. Re-install the Facebook Sales Channel and attempt to connect.

Also if you can complete these steps and please send me screenshots confirming your settings match these. After all that has been completed and I have received screenshots I can then escalate to our technical team who are monitoring the situation. 

Can you double-check your Facebook template is set to "Shopping", if it is set to anything else, it will not work. Here's how you would find the section to check what page template is being used:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
2. Click 'Settings'
3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

2019-07-3v8tj-yeb75

Next, please make sure you have enabled the Shop Tab:

1. Click Settings at the top-right corner of your Facebook Page.
2. Then click Templates and Tabs from the menu on the left.
3. Click the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option.
You should see the Shop tab again on your Page now.
2019-07-3czzc-kx688

Lastly, we need to make sure the page is published (on facebooks side, connection in the admin does not mean it is published):

To Publish Shop Page:
1. Click Settings at the top of your Page
2. From General, click Page Visibility
3. Click the setting to "Page published"
4. Click Save Changes

2019-07-5l3e2-sxjx9

After all these settings have been configured, please log out and log back in using a chrome browser and let me know how you get on and send on all screenshots! 

Thank you,
Lulu

0 Likes