Facebook Shop keeps disconnecting from shopify

What in God's name is going on. Facebook shop keeps disconnecting - this messes up my Instagram product tagging also.

I was able to reconnect it and then it got disconnected again. This happened twice now and keeps happening. What the hell is going on. Right around BFCM and Christmas?!

BigglyBoo | Cute socks, sandals, and shoes for cute babies.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
177 17 20

Hey there, @BigglyBoo!

Ryder here, from the Social Care Team at Shopify. Thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear about this trouble you're experiencing with your Facebook Shop App, but I'd be happy to work together to troubleshoot your issue. Are you seeing any error messages at all? 

We're going to want to double check your Facebook Settings before moving forward. Firstly, can you confirm that your Facebook template is set to Shopping? If it's set to anything else, it won't work. To do this, you'll need to:

1. Go to the Facebook page you are an administrator for
  2. Click 'Settings'
  3. Click 'Templates and Tabs' - If this section says anything but 'Shopping', click 'Edit
  4. Click 'View Details' on Shopping and 'Apply Template'

18-05-gv11u-449c2

Then we're going to want to ensure that your Shop Tab is enabled. If it isn't, you can do this by clicking the Add a Tab button and click Add Tab next to the Shop option:

18-07-36lss-2fe6c

Once we've confirmed your Shopping template is setup, and your Shop tab is enabled, we'll want to make sure that your Facebook Business Page is published on the Facebook side:

1. Click General, click Page Visibility
  2. Click the setting to "Page published"
  3. Click Save Changes

18-11-j3lbk-6a0tv

There also needs to be no Country or Age Restrictions setup. The Facebook Business Page should be visible for everyone to see in order for our systems to sync: 

18-12-j122c-ixp7r

After all these settings have been configured, try to re-synchronize the your Collections in the Facebook Shop app. If after checking all these steps and attempting to re-sync you're still experiencing the disconnect loop issue, please let me know! I'd be happy to take a deeper look into it myself, and escalate to our Technical Support Team if necessary.

Hope this helps! If there's anything I can clarify about these instructions, please let me know.

Cheers.

-

Ryder A. | Social Care Team at Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes

Hi Ryder, thanks for the reply. 

I've done everything you suggested - I've done it three times now. Every time it connects my facebook shop and then half hour later it disconnects.

Please let me know what else I can do and escalate it to your technical support teams.

Thank you

BigglyBoo | Cute socks, sandals, and shoes for cute babies.

0 Likes